• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

archie mac

International Coach
Hoggy31 said:
Geelong
Richmond
West Coast
Melbourne
St. Kilda
Fremantle
Kangaroos
Western Bulldogs

----------------
Kangas in the top 8 go Hoggy31, you talk a lot of sense
:cool: I think we will roll those Lions this week end :)

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Vic, cant we just use the ladders we put it way back at round 1? I cant be bothered making another.. Then again, I think I have Port somehwere up near the top :p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Linda said:
Vic, cant we just use the ladders we put it way back at round 1? I cant be bothered making another.. Then again, I think I have Port somehwere up near the top :p
Hmph. That required effort. Effort is not one of my strong points :p .

Seriously, I'll go and grab them now, and just a reminder to anyone else who finds it interesting to chuck in your team.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh man. I went to tonight's game, and boy its one of my worst experiences at the footy ever. Not only did the Tigers get absolutely outplayed by Melbourne, Nathan Brown breaks his leg in two places right in front of me. :( He'd been our absolute star this season, winning us game after game. Now he's gone for the season.

I'm absolutely shattered. Thank God Bowden didn't reinjure his cheekbone.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Someone said to me today that Richmond have only beaten one side in the top 8 at the moment...and that's Fremantle. I was quickly onto the Demons bandwagon tonight.

Looking at it now, Richmond have played three of the better sides and been taken downtown by all three thus far this year. While they've improved, I think that the Tiger bandwagon got a little too full to quickly...

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vic_orthdox said:
Someone said to me today that Richmond have only beaten one side in the top 8 at the moment...and that's Fremantle. I was quickly onto the Demons bandwagon tonight.
Looking at it now, Richmond have played three of the better sides and been taken downtown by all three thus far this year. While they've improved, I think that the Tiger bandwagon got a little too full to quickly...
Ive been saying that to every richmond supporter ive seen since they played st kilda...

Browns injury tonight was one of the worst things ive seen in footy, simply terrible, rivals that Geelong blokes ankle a few seasons ago, which ended his career, lets just hope this isnt as bad...

And Jono, theres fears that Bowden did re-injure his cheekbone, but i think he'll be ok, he just got a little tap on the cheek...

The media will be saying about this round 10 hoodoo, but it wont be the case, just the reality of playing decent teams, i.e. West Coast next week...

Was a really entertaining game tonight, nice and free flowing

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I saw that Brad Miller accidentally (at least I think so, it is Brad Miller after all) tapped Bowden on the cheek but its been said that its not anything serious so I'm not too worried.

cameeel

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:

Go Dees!! :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Brisbane lose at home AGAIN, and the Saints led by a rampaging Gehrig in his 200th thrash Sydney.

It must be said with Brisbane now three games out of the 8 that there's a fair chance they will miss the finals. An amazing fall for a team which has made the grand final the last four years running.

This would certainly stop them from included as a dynasty like Melbourne of the 50s (possibly the most dominant team ever) or Hawthorn of the 80s.

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
Brisbane lose at home AGAIN, and the Saints led by a rampaging Gehrig in his 200th thrash Sydney.

It must be said with Brisbane now three games out of the 8 that there's a fair chance they will miss the finals. An amazing fall for a team which has made the grand final the last four years running.
I think you can just about draw a line through Brisbane, this season.
I thought the Wizard BOG in the Geelong boilover.
Apparently the Melbourne cheer squad were asked to stay behind for ten mins after the game. They were worried of a clash between supporters. I hope we are not going down the soccer road.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The Swans are just ugly to watch.

Anyway what the hell is wrong with Brisbane? 5 home losses in a row? That's a ridiculous fall. Yes the teams at the top can't stay there forever, but from being in the Grand Final one year (not to mention 3 premierships the previous years) to what they are now is a huge fall.

And I have nothing to say about Freo. I just don't know when to tip them and when not to. Such a talented list, they should be winning 90% of their games with that team. None the less, at least they beat Geelong. They are now even with the Tigers and Demons on wins. :)

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from the Gabba

Kangaroos: 17.10 - 112
Defeated
Brisbane: 13.15 - 93

Goals NM: Thompson 5, Corey Jones 4, Grant 3, Harvey 2, Makepeace, Rawlings, Wells

Goals BL: Brown 5, Bradshaw 3, Scott, Johnson, Merrett, Keating, Drummond

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from the Telstra Dome

St. Kilda: 15.11 - 101
Defeated
Sydney: 8.10 - 58

Goals StK: Gehrig 7, Milne 3, Riewoldt 3, Goddard, Fisher

Goals SS: Hall 3, O'Loughlin 2, O'Keefe, Crouch, Nicks

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from the MCG

Collingwood: 17.6 - 108
Defeated
Hawthorn: 12.8 - 80

Goals CM: Caracella 5, Didak 4, Tarrant 3, Fraser 2, T.Cloke, Holland, Johnson

Goals HH: Williams 5, Dixon 2, Franklin 2, Hodge, Mitchell, Ries

cameeel

International Captain
Fremantle: 14.7 - 91
Defeated
Geelong: 11.16 - 82

Goals FD: Farmer 4, Crowley 3, McPharlin 2, Sandilands 2, Longmuir, Black, Pavlich

Goals GC: Kingsley 2, Chapman 2, Mackie, Ottens, Lonergan, Playfair, Ablett, Scarlett, Milburn

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty awful game to watch at AAMI Stadium today. Adelaide won in the end, 9.17 (71) to 8.9 (57), but beyond being low scoring it was just terrible in parts. The third quarter in particular rarely even looked like having a goal kicked, as Carlton spent most of the time with a massive flood, with every player except Fevola playing in their defensive half and Adelaide wasted countless possessions and scoring opportunities going forward to end up with just 1 goal for the quarter, while Carlton added one just before three quarter time to avoid going goalless for the term. The only player on the ground who was actually particularly dominant was Fevola, who kicked 4 of Carlton's 8 goals, took 8 marks and played a lone role up forward doing defensive work to try and create opportunities for his teammates. He comprehensively beat Ben Rutten as well, which nobody else has managed to do this year. Nick Stevens and Scott Camporeale got plenty of the ball but did nothing remarkable with it, while Andrew Walker had a brilliant game on McLeod, holding him to 7 touches in the first three quarters before McLeod finished with 14 for the match.

For Adelaide, Nathan Bock was great across half-back for the second week in a row, dropping forward when Whitnall tried to play the loose man in defense and kicking goals, and beating him when playing defensively. Goodwin got plenty of the ball and will probably get the three brownlow votes as well. Carlton stayed with Adelaide for the whole game and hit the front early in the last, finally making the game watchable, before Welsh, who had barely touched the ball all day, popped up with two goals, the first a high pressure shot to give Adelaide the lead, and the second reminicent of Fevola in round 11 last year, kicking it from 50 on the boundary to make it an 8 point game. He then pulled off a spectacular chase, tackle and pass to set up McGregor with the sealer.

Adelaide go to 6 and 4 and sit a game clear inside the top 6 alongside the Kangaroos, while Carlton firm for the wooden spoon a little, with a 2-1-7 record at the bottom of the ladder.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
cameeel said:
shocking week for tipping, i've got 2/6 so far
I picked 5 out of 8 in the end. Tipped Hawthorn over Collingwood, Brisbane over Kangaroos and Geelong over Fremantle incorrectly. What else did you get wrong?

archie mac

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
I picked 5 out of 8 in the end. Tipped Hawthorn over Collingwood, Brisbane over Kangaroos and Geelong over Fremantle incorrectly. What else did you get wrong?
I will have to boast this week, as it is the first decent week end of tipping I have had so far this year. 7 out of 8 for me
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.