• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Excellent performance by Adelaide after quarter time, while the Saints looked absolutely hopeless. A perfect example of what was being discussed earlier in this thread about their lack of ability under serious pressure. Adelaide hounded them constantly through the middle, exploited their weaknesses in defence and presented a fantastic back 6, and restricted St. Kilda to just three goals after quarter time, all in the first 10 minutes of the third quarter, while they piled on 15 themselves.

Bock thrashed Riewoldt, so badly in fact that he was dragged in the third term, and Rutten had the better of Gehrig and restricted him to just 6 touches and 2 goals for the night. While these two played negative roles, Hart, Torney and Bassett led the play with over 20 touches each and drove Adelaide off half-back plenty of times. The old trio of Ricciuto (32 possessions), McLeod (29) and Goodwin (26) dominated in the middle, and the forward line looked much sharper with the addition of McGregor, as he and Perrie acted as effective foils for Welsh, who kicked 5 goals.

St. Kilda were awesome in the first quarter, but after that they couldn't take a trick, and even with Hayes and Fiora picking up about 30 touches each, neither had a huge impact on proceedings, and their forward line was simply hopeless. Jones is a clear example of how badly the Saints fell away, with 13 touches in the first quarter in a dominant performance, and 12 for the rest of the match.

Adelaide go to 5-4 and move briefly into the top 4, while the Saints drop to 4-5 and out of the 8.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well done Crows. That was brilliant. Ricciuto is continuing his brilliance, and you can mark this season up as another great one. That's something like 3 or 4 on the trot, and if he continues that form, and McLeod can keep running out from half back like only he can, Adelaide can get some September action for sure. Especially with how even this competition is. Imagine if Adelaide had got up last week, they'd be well up there.

Add Goodwin, Rutten, Edwards and Mattner, and Adelaide really have a top list. If Welsh can be consistent up forward, and Perry (or is it Perrie?) can actually kick straight, who knows where they can go.

As for St. Kilda, with such a talented list, they are completely underachieving. The Geelong game injuries was a valid excuse, but there is no way that can be used as an excuse for last night's match. They had a team out there that should have beat Adelaide at home, but didn't. That's been there season in a nut shell.

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from Princes Park

Melbourne: 15.20 - 110
Defeated
Carlton: 13.14 - 92

Goals MD: Robertson 6, Neitz 3, Read 2
Singles to Bruce, Davey, Yze, Holland

Goals CB: Fevola, Morell, Stevens 2
Singles to Bentick,Betts,Houlihan,Koutifides,Lappin,Whitnall,Walker

Full Score MD: 4.7 10.13 15.17 15.20 (110)
Full Score CB: 2.2 7.4 7.8 13.14 (92)

BoG was Russel Robertson of Melbourne

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from the MCG

Collingwood: 18.10 - 118
Defeated
West Coast: 15.5 - 95

Goals CM: Caracella 5, Tarrant 3, Didak 2, Egan 2, T.Cloke 2
Singles to Shaw, C.Cloke, Burns, Licuria

Goals WC: Fletcher 3, Gardiner 3, Matera 2
Singles to Hansen,Chick,Cox,Lynch,Sampi,Stenglein,Banfield

Full Score CM: 3.1 9.3 11.7 18.10 (118)
Full Score WC: 5.1 7.2 13.3 15.5 (95)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
TIGERS YOU CHAMPIONS! OHHH WHAT A RIPPER OF A MATCH!

I can't believe we pulled that one off. I had faith, a lot of faith that we could stay competitive but I kept expecting Jonathan Brown to eventually get in the game. But low and behold, Gaspar, Kellaway and Graham were excellent in the back line. The whole game was based on our midfield and whether we could hang with the likes of Lappin, Akermanis, Voss and Black. Well they definitely proved that they could. Tuck, Coughlan and Johnson were absolutely brilliant. Just brilliant.

And what more needs to be said about the great Nathan Brown?

7-2. Sitting second on the ladder, third if Geelong win on Sunday. You beauty!!!!!!

Oh and LOL @ West Coast losing to Collingwood. I've said all season that they may have a fantastic, absolutely fantastic list of players, but until they learn to consistently win in Melbourne they will never be flag favourites in my eyes. They proved it today. Collingwood were outstanding.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Jeez, I wonder if the Tigers can carry this on all year. Great midfield, excellent forward line, and a so far brilliant backline, their team is a force to be reckoned with.

And I today was the first time i've ever enjoyed a Collingwood win.

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from AAMI Stadium

Port Adelaide: 12.13 - 85
Defeated
Essendon: 9.12 - 66

Goals PA: Tredrea 5, Lade 2, Dew 2
Singles to James, Pickett, Ebert

Goals EB: M.Johnson 3, Lucas 2
Singles to Lloyd, Rioli, McVeigh, Lovett

Full Score PA: 0.3 4.8 7.13 12.13 (85)
Full Score EB: 3.4 4.6 8.10 9.12 (66)

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from the Gabba

Richmond: 12.15 - 87
Defeated
Brisbane: 12.11 - 83

Goals RT: Brown 4, Richardson 3, Simmonds 2
Singles to Schulz, Pettifer, Krakouer

Goals BL: McGrath 5, Corrie 2, Voss 2
Singles to Akermanis, Black, Bradshaw

Full Score RT: 4.5 7.9 9.13 12.15 (87)
Full Score BL: 6.5 8.5 10.9 12.11 (83)

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from Skilled Stadium

Geelong: 22.14 - 146
Defeated
Kangaroos: 8.13 - 61

Goals GC: Bartel 3, Kingsley 3, Playfair 3, Ablett 2, Enright 2, Lonergan 2
Singles to Chapman, D.Johnson, S.Johnson, Ottens, Riccardi, Tenace, Thurley

Goals NM: Petrie 2, Thompson 2
Singles to Firrito, Grant, Rocca, A.Simpson

Full Score GC: 6.6 8.8 15.12 22.14 (146)
Full Score NM: 1.5 4.8 7.12 8.13 (61)

BoG was Corey Enright of Geelong

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from the SCG

Sydney: 13.11 - 89
Defeated
Bulldogs: 10.16 - 76

Goals SS: O'Loughlin 5, Vogels 3, Hall 2
Singles to Crouch, Goodes, O'Keefe

Goals WB: Robbins 4
Singles to Cooney, Gilbee, Grant, Hahn, Johnson, Morgan

Full Score SS: 1.4 5.7 11.9 13.11 (89)
Full Score WB: 4.3 5.7 7.12 10.16 (76)

BoG was Michael O'Loughlin of Sydney

archie mac

International Coach
cameeel said:
Final Score from Skilled Stadium

Geelong: 22.14 - 146
Defeated
Kangaroos: 8.13 - 61

Goals GC: Bartel 3, Kingsley 3, Playfair 3, Ablett 2, Enright 2, Lonergan 2
Singles to Chapman, D.Johnson, S.Johnson, Ottens, Riccardi, Tenace, Thurley

Goals NM: Petrie 2, Thompson 2
Singles to Firrito, Grant, Rocca, A.Simpson

Full Score GC: 6.6 8.8 15.12 22.14 (146)
Full Score NM: 1.5 4.8 7.12 8.13 (61)

BoG was Corey Enright of Geelong
The first time I come on here and you have my beloved Kangas copping a flogging :@
Just glad no coverage here in Canberra, had to listen to the radio. Every year we start off like champions and then hit the wall.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
My dream team is ripping it up :-O

Since Round 4 my scores have been: 1893, 1770, 2060, 1934, 1936. And this round will be 1915 or so.. :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hawks down Freo! That's amazing. Freo are definitely underacheving considering the list they have. Pavlich, M Carr, J Carr, Black, Bell, Haselby etc. What are they doing? Speaking of underachieving, the Hawks were definitely doing that considering their talent pool (which will get better in the next few seasons) but they're finally chalking up some wins. I'm gonna put money on them to make the 8 this year. With Crawford, Everitt and Hodge in blistering form, they are a chance to make the finals.

The ladder is looking mighty fine this week. Mighty fine indeed :)

My dream team killed it this round as well. I haven't added up my team inclusive of today's players, but Everitt is going to get me another 100-110, Shannon Grant is going to get me 100+, and same with Ablett I believe. Add that to Richo, Aker, Mark Johnson, Nathan Brown and Tredrea from Friday and Saturday's games and it looks like a great round for myself. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Robertinho said:
My dream team is ripping it up :-O

Since Round 4 my scores have been: 1893, 1770, 2060, 1934, 1936. And this round will be 1915 or so.. :D
Holy crap those are some mammoth scores. Brilliant stuff.

From round 6 up till now I've got: 1935, 1912, 1795. I can't quite recall my rounds 1-5 off the top of my head, but they definitely weren't as high as yours.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Buddhmaster said:
Jeez, I wonder if the Tigers can carry this on all year. Great midfield, excellent forward line, and a so far brilliant backline, their team is a force to be reckoned with.

And I today was the first time i've ever enjoyed a Collingwood win.
I bloody well hope so. I'm trying extremely hard not to get too carried away and over-excited considering what occurred in the past 3 seasons, especially 2003 when at 6-2 we looked set for a top 4 position, but this season seems different. Wallace is coaching brilliantly, and the team looks confident and solid all over the ground. Players you don't expect to perform are performing (Tuck, Pettifer, Ray Hall, Mark Graham, Hyde) and the stars are doing their jobs well (N Brown, Richo, Bowden, Coughlan, Gaspar). I just hope we can keep it up. Next week we take on Melbourne which should be a great game.

My only worry is whether Bowden will be up for it after the nasty clash of heads with Hyde (and his helmet) on Saturday night. We really need him in our back line against the Dees. The excitement machine Tambling is gone too :( But at least we'll have Stafford back.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I didnt get to see the Richmond match.. what happened to Bowden??!
I tipped the Tigers (hesitantly I might add, cant believe they hadnt travelled!!)), and they didnt let me down.. Awesome.

Im shattered that West Coast lost, but Im somewhat relieved the winning streak is over, they make me feel uncomfortable..
But it was a great game, both teams tackled like champions. Bit worried that we only get to play at the MCG one other time this year. It doesnt seem enough..

Status
Not open for further replies.