• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Buddhmaster said:
145 to be exact :D
Makes me wonder what the highest ever score in the dream team is. I reckon this game would be close for Carey (at least since stats on all these things have been kept): http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/1996/MENM19960726.html

22 kicks, 9 handballs, 15 marks, 11 goals, 2 behinds and 3 tackles. 209 points.

He also racked up 170 against Hawthorn in 94 and 166 against Essendon in 99. I don't think I've seen anyone else break 150 in the time I've been following the dream team competition.

edit: Lockett in 95 against Fitzroy: 18 kicks, 3 handbals, 12 marks, 16 goals straight. 192 points.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FaaipDeOiad said:
Makes me wonder what the highest ever score in the dream team is. I reckon this game would be close for Carey (at least since stats on all these things have been kept): http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/1996/MENM19960726.html

He also racked up 170 against Hawthorn in 94 and 166 against Essendon in 99. I don't think I've seen anyone else break 150 in the time I've been following the dream team competition.

edit: Lockett in 95 against Fitzroy: 18 kicks, 3 handbals, 12 marks, 16 goals straight. 192 points.
Fred Fanning kicked 18 goals in a match once, i wonder how many he wouldve notched up

:laugh:

cameeel

International Captain
AFL 2005 Round 6 Results

Carlton 13.11 - 89 def Hawthorn 12.11 - 83
Fremantle 22.11 - 143 def Melbourne 20.9 - 129
Adelaide 10.14 - 74 def Kangaroos 10.4 - 64
Brisbane 21.10 - 136 def Essendon 12.16 - 88
West Coast 15.14 - 104 def Sydney 8.11 - 59
Geelong 16.12 - 108 def Bulldogs 11.7 - 73
St Kilda 16.13 - 109 def Collingwood 10.11 - 71
Richmond 19.9 - 123 def Pt Adelaide 9.13 - 67

Couple of upsets there, tigers beating port and freo beating the demons being the main ones

cameeel

International Captain
Ladder After Round 6

1. West Coast Eagles
2. Kangaroos
3.St Kilda
4. Adelaide
5. Geelong
6. Melbourne
7. Richmond
8. Fremantle
9. Carlton
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Brisbane Lions
12. Sydney Swans
13. Essendon
14. Port Adelaide
15. Hawthorn
16. Collingwood

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh what a brilliant performance by the Tigers in Richo's 200th match. Tremendous. Its even sweeter since I had some money on my boys. WOOO!

My dream team did so well this round, and if Chad Fletcher didn't get KO'ed against Sydney it'd be even better. Nathan Brown kicked 6, Gehrig kicked 8, Pavlich and Richo were marking machines and Judd had 10 tackles. Going to be a nice round of dream team football this week :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
FaaipDeOiad said:

Nathan Brown picked up 150 a couple of rounds ago against Freo. I'm not sure if anyone has racked up anything more this year.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I thoroughly enjoyed the Tigers win today. Big soft spot for them.. (and Joel Bowden :wub:)

Im still not comfortable with West Coast's unbeaten run until they win in Melbourne. Cant wait for Round 9, quite frankly... Also had a heart attack when Fletch went down. He's a favourite of mine.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Historically, what is West Coast's record at the Dome like? Because it seems to me that they're a team full of so much running, which almost becomes slightly redundant with the smaller confines of the Dome, something that the Bombers have been able to use in recent years to hide their lack of leg speed.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
vic_orthdox said:
Historically, what is West Coast's record at the Dome like? Because it seems to me that they're a team full of so much running, which almost becomes slightly redundant with the smaller confines of the Dome, something that the Bombers have been able to use in recent years to hide their lack of leg speed.
Off the top of my head, I'd say crap.

By Melbourne, I mean the MCG though. Thats where you win the Premiership, not at Subi!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
And I think that the MCG would suit you more than Telstra, with its wide expanses, even if Subi is long and narrow. Which is why I think WC will be there and abouts last few weeks of September, and St. Kilda won't be...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha. I just have to keep on trying to convince myself that, coz my best mate keeps on telling me how good St. Kilda are, and I'm so sick of hearing it.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
Haha. I just have to keep on trying to convince myself that, coz my best mate keeps on telling me how good St. Kilda are, and I'm so sick of hearing it.
I'm pretty sure the Saints will win the premiership this year. A good showing verse the Eagles at Subi will make me 100%. And by good showing I don't just mean a win, just making the Eagles fight for it, because it's a tough ask to beat them at Subi.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I just think they have a lot of players, especially in the midfield, who are more willing to take a handball receive than get the hardball themselves, which is the way that you win finals if you look at the blueprint set by all teams who have been successful in finals, eg. nth melb in the 90's, ess in 00, brisbane 01-03, and port last year. e.g.
- Harvey isn't up to that sort of game in his old age
- Dal Santo's great once he gets the ball, but most of the time someone has to give it to him
- Powell's a frontrunner
- Aussie Jones, running round the back of blokes to take a handball all day
- Cain Acland is their only real recognised ruckman (Blake's hopeless), and I think we've seen from Keating and Barnes how important they are come finals time

For me they are a team that loves to bully a team, especially when they get off to a great start, but they're not all that good in a close game where momentum swings. Once the game moves away from them, they find it very hard to change it, mostly because they have guys who aren't prepared to get the ball themselves when things aren't going their way.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
You can't question Lenny Haye's ability to get the hard ball. And definetly not Luke Ball either, who is a star in my opinion. And Dal Santo, there's juts something about him, the wya he uses the ball is brilliant. But you are right, he doesn't get alot of hard ball gets. Quite often I see him sliding to the ball, as he hasn't quite mastered it yet.

As for the rucking, Kossie's not a bad part-timer, and they don't really need him up forward at all once Reiwoldt is back. They'll be hard to beat for a while I reckon.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I was going to say Ball, and to a lesser extent Hayes, are good at hardball gets, but I was torn between making a balanced post and not bringing myself down in a ball of flames. I chose the latter. And yes, you don't have to lecture me on how good Ball is, I went to school with him. Yes, they'll be good, but I think the brand of football played by the Demons, WC and others make them more attractive propositions to me, than the Saints. And they have the worst coach in the competition, football-brain wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.