• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggy31

International Captain
They just got lucky today but when they play teams like St Kilda for example with good key position players you've got these match-up's in key positions, Gehrig-Glass, Koschitzke(sp)-Hunter, Hamill-Wirrpunda/Chick, Riewoldt-??, Gardiner-Maguire, Matera-Baker, Hansen-Hudghton, Lynch-Penny... theres more match-up's..... but if you look at all of them, St Kilda would win most if not all.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hoggy31 said:
They just got lucky today but when they play teams like St Kilda for example with good key position players you've got these match-up's in key positions, Gehrig-Glass, Koschitzke(sp)-Hunter, Hamill-Wirrpunda/Chick, Riewoldt-??, Gardiner-Maguire, Matera-Baker, Hansen-Hudghton, Lynch-Penny... theres more match-up's..... but if you look at all of them, St Kilda would win most if not all.
Dont get me wrong, I think Saints would smash them, im just saying that theyre a top 4 side.

Hoggy31

International Captain
And even when they play my beloved roos there talls will be tested, Rocca-Glass, Petrie-Hunter, Thompson-??, Watt-Hansen, Brown-Lynch, Colbert-Gardiner
You would say the roos would come out on top in most of them contests aswell...

benchmark00

Hoggy31 said:
And even when they play my beloved roos there talls will be tested, Rocca-Glass, Petrie-Hunter, Thompson-??, Watt-Hansen, Brown-Lynch, Colbert-Gardiner
You would say the roos would come out on top in most of them contests aswell...
Our defence is terrible, theyd smash us, and our midfield would get bent over....

Hoggy31

International Captain
So whats every1 got in tipping so far this week, i got 4/7, got Brisbane, Port and Adelaide wrong

benchmark00

Hoggy31 said:
So whats every1 got in tipping so far this week, i got 4/7, got Brisbane, Port and Adelaide wrong
I forgot to put my tips in for the ninemsn tipping so i got all the away teams :(

Buddhmaster

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Our defence is terrible, theyd smash us, and our midfield would get bent over....
Brown vs Lynch- Brown
Makepeace vs Phil-Makepeace
Colbert vs Hansen-Even
Watt vs Gardiner-Watt could win, and would run off aswell

And don't look down on the Roos midfield. They were going on about the Eagles sheer pace in the midfield, anyone heard of Brent Harvey and Daniel Wells. Grant is a superstar and Simpson (usually, not so far this season), goes in hard, and gets the ball into the attacking area. Plus they have a decent tagger in Michael Stevens, who could annoy the hell out of Fletcher or Cousins.

Going on matchups, I think even my Swans could beat the Eagles.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
My dream team has got 1686 so far - McPhee to play. Hopefully he has a stormer, gets 114, gets me past the 1800 mark :D

Nah, realistically, I think anything above 64 would be good - 1750 is an alright score. Plus the guy Im versing is sh!t :D

Hoggy31

International Captain
My dream team is just a rabble basically, injuries and late withdrawals everywhere, I think about 6 of my players didnt play this week and i forgot to change 'em on thursday and friday after team selections :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Robertinho said:
Yes.

Brisbane 12.12 84 defeated by West Coast 23.19 157 by 67 points.

F**K! I had Nigel Lappin in my dream team till last week (he had been deadweight for the entire time!) and now he gets 35 disposals!!!
Me too! I only just got rid of him. I would normally be angry, but I'm not too fussed because I traded him for Torney, and with the left over money bought Judd. So it's not too bad.

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
Brown vs Lynch- Brown
Makepeace vs Phil-Makepeace
Colbert vs Hansen-Even
Watt vs Gardiner-Watt could win, and would run off aswell

And don't look down on the Roos midfield. They were going on about the Eagles sheer pace in the midfield, anyone heard of Brent Harvey and Daniel Wells. Grant is a superstar and Simpson (usually, not so far this season), goes in hard, and gets the ball into the attacking area. Plus they have a decent tagger in Michael Stevens, who could annoy the hell out of Fletcher or Cousins.

Going on matchups, I think even my Swans could beat the Eagles.
Don't make me throw up!!!

I could kick ten on Makepeace, and Gardiner would murder Watt...

Eagles to beat the Swans by 10+ goals, although its hard to say cause you never know what sort of Swans team's gonna come out and play...

Last edited:

Buddhmaster

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Don't make me throw up!!!

I could kick ten on Makepeace, and Gardiner would murder Watt...

Eagles to beat the Swans by 10+ goals, although its hard to say cause you neevr know what sort of Swans team's gonna come out and play...
The Swans as an outfit are better then the Eagles, I have no doubts about that. I don't see how the Eagles could stop Hall, O'Loughlin, O'Keefe, Schneider, Davis and Goodes, if any 3 play good. Plus Barry heads a top defence, and if Roos plays a ****IN running game, they will win.

As for Makepeace, obviously you would kick ten on him, because you are a dominant son of a gun. Phil just isn't at your level. And Gardiner is **** :-O

Status
Not open for further replies.