• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Buddhmaster said:
The Swans as an outfit are better then the Eagles, I have no doubts about that. I don't see how the Eagles could stop Hall, O'Loughlin, O'Keefe, Schneider, Davis and Goodes, if any 3 play good. Plus Barry heads a top defence, and if Roos plays a ****IN running game, they will win.

As for Makepeace, obviously you would kick ten on him, because you are a dominant son of a gun. Phil just isn't at your level. And Gardiner is **** :-O
the problem for anyone playing west coast is not the battle of the key position players, its whether your midfield will get any ball in the first place. exactly what happened to brisbane - couldnt' get their hands on the footy.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I dont know what it is about playing the Lions in Brisbane, but weve smashed them the last three times. I watched that game is AWE on sunday. AWE!
Heh.. I cant wait for us to kill Sydney this weekend, itll be nice to throw that back in your face Bood ;)

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Linda said:
I dont know what it is about playing the Lions in Brisbane, but weve smashed them the last three times. I watched that game is AWE on sunday. AWE!
Heh.. I cant wait for us to kill Sydney this weekend, itll be nice to throw that back in your face Bood ;)
No matter how much The Eagles achieve this year, i'll never accept that the team they have now is good. How embaressing for Dean Kemp and Mainy to have their team compared to this one.

cameeel

International Captain
Darren Jolly's failed appeal to overturn his 2 match suspension for kneeing certainly leaves the swans without much in the way or ruckmen, Goodes or Roberts-Thompsen are the only two possible replacements, much like carlton are now missing their best forward in Fevola

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Robertinho said:
GO THE BLUE BOYS!!! What a win. I tipped Carlton too (which is just a bonus)
How could you have tipped Carlton, Fevola was out and apparantly all the other players not in the first 22 are crap :happy:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, on the afl.com.au tipping site, there's a little box that you can use to select the team you think will win. And it just so happened that Carlton was playing..

Put 2 and 2 together...

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Robertinho said:
Well, on the afl.com.au tipping site, there's a little box that you can use to select the team you think will win. And it just so happened that Carlton was playing..

Put 2 and 2 together...
Um, good one?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Eagles clear by a game on top of the ladder now.

After Melbourne lost today, Adelaide are back into third and Melbourne are under pressure from St. Kilda and Geelong, should they win tomorrow. Looks at least like 6 teams have made a break on the others for the time being. Brisbane kept themselves in the race today with a big win, and Port need to win tomorrow to stay within a game of the 8. There's certainly at one place out of the current 8 available for the likes of Brisbane, Port and Sydney, since I can't see Richmond making it.

Definate match of the round contender next week when Adelaide take on Melbourne at the MCG on Friday night.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Melbourne and Adelaide SHOULD be a good game, but you never know, i'm not convinced on the crows....

West Coast ARE the real deal... buddhmaster!!

Buddhmaster

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Yeah Melbourne and Adelaide SHOULD be a good game, but you never know, i'm not convinced on the crows....

West Coast ARE the real deal... buddhmaster!!
Nope, If they beat Melbourne at the MCG, Port at AAMI, Cats at Skilled Stadium, and Saints at the Dome, I will accept it. In fact, if all of those that are possible happen, I will put "Eagles are the best team ever and will win the 2005 Flag" in my signature :-O

Buddhmaster

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
meh, as if Jonothan Brown is any good...
Hahaha, I've always thought (to myself), why is he so highly rated, I've never seen him do anything spectacular. Well now I have......

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The scariest thing is his age. Brisbane will always be competitive as long as he's around. You see it with Carlton last few years, while you have a gun key forward, you'll always be a good chance of winning.

I'd love to see him play International Rules, not that he'd get any touches, but he'd scare the s*** out of the Irish.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vic_orthdox said:
The scariest thing is his age. Brisbane will always be competitive as long as he's around. You see it with Carlton last few years, while you have a gun key forward, you'll always be a good chance of winning.

I'd love to see him play International Rules, not that he'd get any touches, but he'd scare the s*** out of the Irish.
I want him and Fraser Gehrig to play a two man forward line against the Irish :D

Status
Not open for further replies.