• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hoggy31 said:
You should fight the system! :ph34r: <- btw, why is this smiley called ph34r?
I was going to ask the same thing the other day!, but i was afraid of backlash from the moderators..... im not sure why there'd be backlash, but yeah..... maybe it says 'Fear' or something?... :mellow:

Hoggy31

International Captain
Fear, thats what i thought, *conspiracy* :sly:

And another thing did James add some more smilies coz im sure there's some there that weren't there before, like these and more :pizza: :dj: :lightbulb

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
:ph34r: is called fear because he's like, hiding behind a black mask with a scared look on his face you say something and you FEAR the consequences of saying such a thing.

Roos suck balls :ph34r:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes.

Brisbane 12.12 84 defeated by West Coast 23.19 157 by 67 points.

F**K! I had Nigel Lappin in my dream team till last week (he had been deadweight for the entire time!) and now he gets 35 disposals!!!

Damnit. Also had Black, Power and Leppitsch who did crap. Cousins and Judd who did alright. :(

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Who is then? Unless your answer is "nobody", I can't see anyone else who stands out. Port and Brisbane have struggled (especially Brisbane), St. Kilda and Geelong have been decent but not spectacular, Melbourne have been good but not as good as the Eagles, the Kangaroos are undefeated but haven't had to play any of the top sides yet. The Eagles have been head-and-shoulders clear of everybody else so far in the season and are premiership favourites by a fair way for me.

benchmark00

FaaipDeOiad said:
Who is then? Unless your answer is "nobody", I can't see anyone else who stands out. Port and Brisbane have struggled (especially Brisbane), St. Kilda and Geelong have been decent but not spectacular, Melbourne have been good but not as good as the Eagles, the Kangaroos are undefeated but haven't had to play any of the top sides yet. The Eagles have been head-and-shoulders clear of everybody else so far in the season and are premiership favourites by a fair way for me.
At the moment, you could only see Eagles being the best in the league, on form... However, if the Saints play the Eagles with both teams full strength, i think saints would beat the them, but theres no doubt at the minute, Eagles are the best.... then the Roos :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
At the moment, you could only see Eagles being the best in the league, on form... However, if the Saints play the Eagles with both teams full strength, i think saints would beat the them, but theres no doubt at the minute, Eagles are the best.... then the Roos :D
Not convinced about the Roos yet. I'll wait for next round to see how they go against the Crows. They've had important wins over Sydney and St. Kilda, but the other ones are nothing special really. I'd put them alongside Melbourne, Adelaide, St. Kilda and Geelong as the second tier of form sides at the moment, but not a clear second to West Coast.

Either way it should be match of the round next Saturday. If the Roos beat Adelaide on the road and go 6 and 0, they'll be the real deal.

benchmark00

FaaipDeOiad said:
Not convinced about the Roos yet. I'll wait for next round to see how they go against the Crows. They've had important wins over Sydney and St. Kilda, but the other ones are nothing special really. I'd put them alongside Melbourne, Adelaide, St. Kilda and Geelong as the second tier of form sides at the moment, but not a clear second to West Coast.

Either way it should be match of the round next Saturday. If the Roos beat Adelaide on the road and go 6 and 0, they'll be the real deal.
Hahaha im not even convinced! To be honest, i'd say we're a 9-11 side, not a top 2,lol... I think the next to matches (in adelaide) will be a huuuuuuge test. It's all well and good to have an even hard working side like we have, but you need a certain amount of class I suppose, not sure if we have it.

Hoggy31

International Captain
No way eagles will win the premiership, they might finish top 2, but i just dont see them beating sides like St Kilda and Melbourne in Victoria.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
The Eagles won't win the premiership this year, because their key forward and defensive players just aren't good enougb yet. Hansen is going to be an excellent player, but Lynch, Staker, Hunter etc, all aren't good enough to take on the competitions elite.

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
The Eagles won't win the premiership this year, because their key forward and defensive players just aren't good enougb yet. Hansen is going to be an excellent player, but Lynch, Staker, Hunter etc, all aren't good enough to take on the competitions elite.
They did a good job of it today though, wouldnt you agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.