• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robertinho said:
Why not just go back to the first ever recorded match of AFL?..
...It twas an Autumn morn, The gallant Essendon Pennyfarthings played a right royal cracker against the hoop legged Geelong outfit...

3 Votes: Barnaby McGregor
2 Votes: Bucky Reddings
1 Vote: Bobby Spencer

Last edited:

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Please, 90s? We OWN the 90s... ;) Hahahah..

I think that perhaps this weeks ladder is the best Ive seen in a while. Number one, were at the top (even if its only for one week, Im stoked) and Essendon are at the bottom. I hate Essendon.

Is it just me or is the whole "premiership favourites" tag getting severely overused this season? It changes every week, for crying out loud. I never remember the media/commentators banging on about it quite so frequently.

Btw, 4 for me this round, 18 all up. My brother managed 6! Absolute fluke, if you ask me.

benchmark00

The Roos owned the 90's! everyone knows that!:D

But yeah youre right about the premiership favourites, and i think theyre starting too early on brownlow favourites and stuff... apparently Cameron Bruce was a shoe in going into last round.... Wellsy will win it now! haha

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The premiers are pretty bloody hard to tip this year though. I mean think about recent years, how many contenders have there been? Last year - Brisbane, Port and St. Kilda. 2003, Brisbane, Port and Collingwood. 2002, Brisbane, Port, Adelaide and Collingwood. 2001, Brisbane and Essendon. 2000, Essendon. :p

This year there's about 10 who I could see winning it! West Coast are probably favourites right now, but you can't write off Brisbane or Port entirely either given how much they have shown in the last few years, and then you've got St. Kilda who have heaps of talent, and Melbourne, Kangaroos and Adelaide who have proven themselves to be quality sides in the first few rounds (although honestly I find it really hard to see this Kangaroos team making the GF), and maybe even Sydney as well.

Big thing is, for me at least, in recent years there might be a whole bunch of good sides but only a few I could really see actually winning it at the end. I wouldn't be willing to put my money on anyone right now, or even able to pick out say 4 sides who stand out ahead of the rest.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Really good start to the round tonight. Cats getting over the top of Port by just 4 points in a great game. I missed about half of the game, but I was lucky enough to see two brilliant contested marks. First Brad Ottens in the goal square, Wakelin was all over him and he just plucked it centimetres form his face. And then Ling took a great mark in the dying stages infront of Primus, while many Port players were ready at the drop of the ball. Great stuff.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
haha, carn the catters! and NO, it wasn't a free kick... :blink: ahh, who am i kidding? it only makes the victory all the sweeter against port.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Fremantle 15.13 103 defeated Carlton 11.18 84 by 19 points.

Bugger. Not to mention - Stevens and Fevola were reported. Fev got a bit angry :-O

CARN THE BLUES!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty uninteresting game between the Bulldogs and the Crows, very sloppy. Adelaide lead 9.9 to 6.8 at half time, by 19 points. Dogs playing a really loose sort of game with little marking, so it's basically a shoot-out through the midfield with lots of players getting a heap of the ball, but the skill levels are not particularly high. Adelaide should probably be further in front.

Good games so far from Murphy, Smith and Johnson for the Dogs, and Goodwin is dominating for the crows and is easily BoG so far in his 150th, with 16 touches and a goal. Ricciuto, Edwards, Perrie and Bassett also having a good time of it. McLeod is having a shocker, with just 5 touches to half time, and virtually unsighted except for one length of the ground run just at the end of the second quarter.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Amazing third quarter here. Into the dying minutes and the Bulldogs are up by 23 points, with 8.1 to 1.1 for the quarter so far. West has had 16 touches for the quarter, and Darcy has four goals in it. The crows have gone dead in the middle, with Goodwin, Edwards and Ricciuto nowhere near it.

edit: make that 9.1 to 1.1 for the quarter, and 17 touches for West. He had 5 kicks and 8 hanballs to half time, now 11 and 19. Bulldogs lead by 29 with a quarter to play, looks like we've got an upset coming.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Hoggy31 said:
Yeah this is my fourth year as a member i think, were u a member last year?
Yeah i was last year, I didnt go to any roos games so i didnt bother signing up this year... Even though i should anyway.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Ok, i was just wondering coz last year u know how they had that list of every member in 'Roos News' last year, well, look for Jemma Borcich :( <- thats me, the bloody people put the wrong first name :(

benchmark00

Hoggy31 said:
Ok, i was just wondering coz last year u know how they had that list of every member in 'Roos News' last year, well, look for Jemma Borcich :( <- thats me, the bloody people put the wrong first name :(
:laugh:

hahaha that hurts!

At least your name (sorta) got published.... :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.