• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vic_orthdox said:
Did Tom Harley ever get AA CHB?

Croad was reasonably man-on-man last year, wasn't he? (Well, as much as a Hawthorn backman can be).
Then he went and played CHF near the end of the season.

pasag

RTDAS
Thats becuase we needed him up there more than down back which Andrew McKay had control of. In those days (after the flood of retirments in from 96-98) we had no forwards and the midfield would usually kick most of our goals.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
pasag said:
Thats becuase we needed him up there more than down back which Andrew McKay had control of. In those days (after the flood of retirments in from 96-98) we had no forwards and the midfield would usually kick most of our goals.
Even when SOS was younger, Parkin used to love doing it (talking early 90's).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just had a look at the 2003 CHB, it was Leppitsch. He was 2002 as well.

How crazy is it that in 2002, the AA Full Back was Pavlich. Man that's freaky how versatile a player he is, and how young he must have been in that year.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Jono said:
How crazy is it that in 2002, the AA Full Back was Pavlich. Man that's freaky how versatile a player he is, and how young he must have been in that year.
The only game he actually played at fullback he had a bag kicked on him. Scarlett was robbed that year.

At least I can stay out of the AA bickering this year, no Geelong player deserved to make it. Chappy would have been in mid year but he slowed down a bit towards the end of the season.

Wow I just saw Holland got the 6 weeks on here. Unbelievable. There is something wrong with the system when Mooney gets rubbed out 4 times for a total of 5 weeks, they were all soft cheap shots but they still should have gone up incrementally due to his bad record, and Holland gets 6 for that. Didn't Waters crack someone's skull and only get two earlier in the year. Bloody hell.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Great Birtannia said:
The only game he actually played at fullback he had a bag kicked on him. Scarlett was robbed that year.

At least I can stay out of the AA bickering this year, no Geelong player deserved to make it. Chappy would have been in mid year but he slowed down a bit towards the end of the season.

Wow I just saw Holland got the 6 weeks on here. Unbelievable. There is something wrong with the system when Mooney gets rubbed out 4 times for a total of 5 weeks, they were all soft cheap shots but they still should have gone up incrementally due to his bad record, and Holland gets 6 for that. Didn't Waters crack someone's skull and only get two earlier in the year. Bloody hell.
I think that the incident itself only brought about 3 weeks. Holland had 90-something activation points left over, a bad record, and with an early plea I believe he only gets 5?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great Birtannia said:
Yeah I did some reading up on that. From 2000-2002 I lived in Singapore and didn't get to watch much footy (Well in 2000 they showed matches, but in 01 and 02 they stopped showing other than the Granny, but now they show a couple of games a week which is cool, got to watch a few whilst I was in Spore on holiday). Apparently he just played the big spare man in defence that year.

Ah well, the Pav is still the man.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jono said:
Yeah I did some reading up on that. From 2000-2002 I lived in Singapore and didn't get to watch much footy (Well in 2000 they showed matches, but in 01 and 02 they stopped showing other than the Granny, but now they show a couple of games a week which is cool, got to watch a few whilst I was in Spore on holiday). Apparently he just played the big spare man in defence that year.

Ah well, the Pav is still the man.
Yeah, or CHB. They just had to fit him in to keep the Sandgropers happy. Mind you, he was probably stiff to never get a guernsey in the midfield either - would be quite an effort to get AA in the three different zones.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Does anyone actually know the record for most All-Australian jumpers? I'm trying to find it out and I really can't be bothered going through every team since 1991 and counting them up.

At the moment I think Robert Harvey has the most with 8, and then Carey and Buckley follow with 7 each. How much of a freak was Carey in the 90s at CHF. He was AA CHF in the following years:

93,94,95,96,98,99 and 2000.

Unbelievable. Considering he has 5 more AA jumpers than Judd, there's clearly a long way to go before Judd surpasses Carey.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah you're right, Ricciuto is equal with Harvey on 8. I completely forgot Ricciuto got AA last year.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I find it hard to see Ricciuto getting AA again unfortunately. Still got a few more seasons in him, but he'll be up forward most of the time. Only played one really effective game in the midfield this season, and 44 goals isn't a good enough return for a forward to get AA selection.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
He only played 17 games, if he had played the full season he would have gone close to 60 for a forward pocket, come quasi full forward. Reputation counts for everything with the All Australian team and if he had completed the full season I could see him getting picked over the likes of Didak.

It's hard to see him doing it at that level next year though, I agree.

pasag

RTDAS
The Age said he quit. I've been calling for this for a while. Saints to win the premiership next year based on this. They should take Blight back, so at least we don't have to listen to his drivel anymore.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
pasag said:
The Age said he quit. I've been calling for this for a while. Saints to win the premiership next year based on this. They should get Blight back, so at least we don't have to listen to his drivel anymore.
Drivel? Booo.

How good was it in the Crows vs Fremantle game when he shut down Michael Christian *spit* for about 10 minutes because Christian had a dig at Farmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.