• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameeel

International Captain
Linda said:
Um, 6 weeks to Holland seems a bit excessive..
Not really. He never had any intention of getting the ball, if you charge in from half-forward/back to knock out a player than you deserve the 5 weeks he's been offered, and it's not like this is his first tribunal appearance.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cameeel said:
Not really. He never had any intention of getting the ball, if you charge in from half-forward/back to knock out a player than you deserve the 5 weeks he's been offered, and it's not like this is his first tribunal appearance.
Don't be ridiculous. Go play netball.

benchmark00

Holland dead set shouldn't get anything. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the bump, free kick at the very most.

Hoggy31

International Captain
I'm not worried that he got rubbed out, maybe 5 is a bit much, it's just that Chick did basically the same thing and got nothing. Consistency is of the essence here.

cameeel

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Don't be ridiculous. Go play netball.
He'd get suspended in that too, haven't you heard how many times they call contact? :P

But in all seriousness, maybe a free was all that was warranted if it had occured when Montgomery had the ball, or in the act of sheparding. But the fact is that Holland charged in with the sole intention of causing as much injury to a Bulldogs player as possible. The panel finally got something right by classifying it as 'intentional conduct'

benchmark00

cameeel said:
He'd get suspended in that too, haven't you heard how many times they call contact? :P

But in all seriousness, maybe a free was all that was warranted if it had occured when Montgomery had the ball, or in the act of sheparding. But the fact is that Holland charged in with the sole intention of causing as much injury to a Bulldogs player as possible. The panel finally got something right by classifying it as 'intentional conduct'
Intentional conduct is what the game is about. You're not exactly going to accidently tackle someone. Seriously, biggest load of crap, the ball was within five metres, 100% fair IMO.

pasag

RTDAS
benchmark00 said:
Holland dead set shouldn't get anything. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the bump, free kick at the very most.
Yeah exaclty, I was suprised when he got reported and now this?!

cameeel

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Intentional conduct is what the game is about. You're not exactly going to accidently tackle someone. Seriously, biggest load of crap, the ball was within five metres, 100% fair IMO.
Yeah, the idea is to intentionally tackle the player with the ball, or to protect a player on your team. The only reason Holland charged in was too injure a Bulldogs player, he never had any intention of sheparding a team-mate or getting the ball himself.

You try to hurt someone in a tackle or shepard, but you can't just run in off the line to clean someone up.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Running off the line is a delicate issue. Personally I think a free should have been paid and that's it, but I can see why he was reported. 5 or 6 weeks or whatever it is, that's just ridiculous but to be honest I've come to expect random **** from the Tribunal nowdays. Its a piece of crap system.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
All Australian Team 2006

B: N Bassett (Ade) D Glass (WC) L Gilbee (WB)
HB: C Bolton (Syd) J Bowden (Rich) A McLeod (Ade)
C: S Goodwin (Ade) S West (WB) A Goodes (Syd)
HF: A Didak (Coll) B Hall (vc) (Syd) R O'Keefe (Syd)
F: B Johnson © (WB) B Fevola (Carl) N Riewoldt (St.K)
R: B Lade (PA) C Judd (WC) B Cousins (WC)
INT: S Burgoyne (PA) D Cox (WC) J McDonald (Melb) M Pavlich (Fre)

Don't agree with Riewoldt forward pocket, Didak and Bowden. Absolute joke Farmer missed out.

benchmark00

SirBloody Idiot said:
All Australian Team 2006

B: N Bassett (Ade) D Glass (WC) L Gilbee (WB)
HB: C Bolton (Syd) J Bowden (Rich) A McLeod (Ade)
C: S Goodwin (Ade) S West (WB) A Goodes (Syd)
HF: A Didak (Coll) B Hall (vc) (Syd) R O'Keefe (Syd)
F: B Johnson © (WB) B Fevola (Carl) N Riewoldt (St.K)
R: B Lade (PA) C Judd (WC) B Cousins (WC)
INT: S Burgoyne (PA) D Cox (WC) J McDonald (Melb) M Pavlich (Fre)

Don't agree with Riewoldt forward pocket, Didak and Bowden. Absolute joke Farmer missed out.
Simmonds a bit stiff IMO, maybe him over Cox, would be tough though.

Bowden shouln't be there, didn't earn a possy all year. Scotty Lucas a bit unlucky too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I know I can be accused of bias, but by God Simmo is stiff. I honestly reckon he's had a better year than Cox.

How can anyone not agree on Bowden? Didn't earn a possy? He's gunned this season. He's played out of his weight division all year, yet held the forward he's on very well whilst providing the most rebounds outside defensive 50 all year. A key backman getting 20+ disposals yet holding his forward to less than 4 goals is a shoe-in. Only thing you could argue was him on a flank, but considering Whitnall's second half of the year, its not that surprising he missed out. How anyone can say a key-position player didn't earn his possies is fairly ridiculous. Fair enough if you don't like the way the Bowden's play, but accept the run they give is vital to Richmond. Almost every expert I know had him in their AA team, whether on the field or the bench.

And Sean, I was on the Johncock for AA bandwagon for a very very long time, but his last third of the year was fairly poor to be honest. Who could you argue to be knocked out for him?

Good on McDonald for making it. Cool to see him in there. Lucas was unlucky but I'm glad he missed, cos now that's 2 years without a Bomber in the AA team. Can bag many friends.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
Hahaha, nice punage...

Although seriously, he would maybe make the bench of my AA 2nds team.
Had a better season than Bassett by a distance for mine. Crows best after Goodwin and maybe Burton.

Status
Not open for further replies.