• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
pasag said:
It appears Carlton are crap. Really crap.

At least we have the Coleman. 83 goals, Fevola you champion. But aside from that, honestly, next year I wont be expecting any higher than 13th and thats being generous.
Damn straight they are crap :p
hahahha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cameeel

International Captain
CW Tipping Ladder Round 22

Alternative - 122
Cameeel - 117 (8/8)
Benchmark - 114
Burkey - 112 (8/8)
Buddhmaster - 112 (8/8)
Linda - 110 (8/8)
Jono - 110
Dark Hunter - 108
Orthodox - 108
Oz Fan - 108
Steds - 107
Faaip - 104
Ash Chaulk - 101
Hoggy - 97
Roberthino - 96
Archie Mac - 88

Orthodox drops out of the Top 8 completely after being in the top 4 for virtually the entire season. He got 1 due to non-submission of tips

Benchmark fails to claim second, probably due to being a gimp

Linda, Dark Hunter and Burkey all claim Top 8 spots

Alternative takes first, and Archie Mac the spoon

cameeel

International Captain
CW Tipping Finals Week 1

1st Qualifying: Alternative v Burkey (1v4)
2nd Qualifying: Cameeel v Benchmark (2v3)
1st Elimination: Buddhmaster v Dark Hunter (5v8)
2nd Elimination: Linda v Jono (6v7)

. 1 point for a correct tip, plus a bonus point for the closest tip of the margin

Tip the winner and the margin (ie. WCE v Sydney by 16 points)

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
How did you get 8/8??

You tipped Melbourne.
cameeel said:
Round 22

Western Bulldogs v Essendon @ TD
Richmond v West Coast @ MCG
Adelaide v Melbourne @ AAMI
Brisbane v St. Kilda @ G
Fremantle v Pt. Adelaide @ S
Sydney v Carlton @ SCG
Collingwood v Kangaroos @ MCG
Hawthorn v Geelong @ TD
Nope. Adelaide. The Kangaroos tip was later changed to Collingwood, but that was it.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You tipped Melbourne, I'm 100% sure of it, you even edited the post and it says down the bottom.

VERY shonky.

cameeel

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
That's crap, my tips were based on yours, then you go back and edit and not tell anyone.
cameeel said:
Changed to Collingwood
I changed it at 10:30 last night, a post which you then replied to. Stop trying to ******** your way into 2nd Murphy.

:cool:

cameeel

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
You tipped Melbourne, I'm 100% sure of it, you even edited the post and it says down the bottom.

VERY shonky.
At 7:50pm on the 31st, being Friday night.

benchmark00

cameeel said:
I changed it at 10:30 last night, a post which you then replied to. Stop trying to ******** your way into 2nd Murphy.

:cool:
I'm talking about your Crows tip... biggest gimp.

Anyhow, I'm primed for a big tipping finals series, will have an easy round first up unless gimpoid cheats his way again. Such a gimp.

cameeel

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
I'm talking about your Crows tip... biggest gimp.

Anyhow, I'm primed for a big tipping finals series, will have an easy round first up unless gimpoid cheats his way again. Such a gimp.
I didn't tip the Demons, I actually made a comment in the original post with my tips saying that i thought the Crows would win after all the **** they copped last week.

benchmark00

cameeel said:
I didn't tip the Demons, I actually made a comment in the original post with my tips saying that i thought the Crows would win after all the **** they copped last week.
You tipped the Dees, then edited after I saw.

I know your angle, Gimpington.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Nice symmetrical finish to Geelong's season.

It started going down the pan when we got thumped by Hawthorn in rd 3 and it finishes with another raping by the Hawks in rd 22.

So long Thompson.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The home team getting a 1 point head start is a bit of a weird rule, especially when people ended up on the same tips eg. Linda and myself. Guess you gotta give them an advantage though.

benchmark00

Hmmm, yes I don't agree with the one point thing either. Just run this seperate to the 'home & away' tipping.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
A one point head start is going to be mighty tough to catch up in only 4 games to tip in the first week and two in the second and third weeks and only the grand final after that. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Perhaps the advantage should be that the "away" team has to submit their tips first....

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
Great Birtannia said:
A one point head start is going to be mighty tough to catch up in only 4 games to tip in the first week and two in the second and third weeks and only the grand final after that. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Perhaps the advantage should be that the "away" team has to submit their tips first....
Much better idea. Just as long as there's some advantage to the 'home' team.

cameeel

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
I agree with Bench - I could have sworn...
I accidently 'bolded' the wrong team, and fixed it.

But if I was tipping the Dees, why would I have written the reason for tipping the Crows.

Get a mod to check it if you want.

And Benchmark, the point doesn't make a difference does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.