• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cameeel said:
I accidently 'bolded' the wrong team, and fixed it.

But if I was tipping the Dees, why would I have written the reason for tipping the Crows.

Get a mod to check it if you want.

And Benchmark, the point doesn't make a difference does it?
So suss, McKern.

cameeel

International Captain
Finals have been announced..

St. Kilda v Melbourne on Friday
Adelaide v Fremantle on Saturday afternoon
West Coast v Sydney on Saturday night
Collingwood v Bulldogs on Sunday

I'm going to the Friday night game if i can get tickets :)

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FaaipDeOiad said:
Weeks 2 and 3 of the finals can't have any games in Victoria. Regardless of what happens there'll be two in Perth, one in Adelaide and one in Sydney.
Don't they have that thing where at least one match has to be played in Melbourne any more?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
Don't they have that thing where at least one match has to be played in Melbourne any more?
Nah. There's just a certain quota of MCG games to be met between now and 2009 or something. The games this weekend will be the last in Melbourne until the GF.

pasag

RTDAS
Get lost.

This is why no interstate teams should have been allowed. This is what I was saying back in 82 when they changed South Melbourne to Sydney. I knew this would lead to the floodgates being opened in 1987. I yearn for the days when we can enjoy this game without all the interstate ******s yet again.

Thoughts?

pasag

RTDAS
And if we are going to start chucking teams out, we shouldn't stop at the interstate ones, Collingwood have been in the competition 109 years too long IMO.

Thoughts?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
**** me dead, Melbourne vs. St Kilda will be one hell of a cracker.

This year's finals is going to be brilliant, if only Freo didn't make the top 4. Stupid Demons for losing to Carlton twice, simply unforgiveable.

cameeel

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
They had to scrap it after the Brisbane v Geelong preliminary final fiasco in '04.

Brisbane were entitled to a home final but had to play at the MCG due to the AFL's contract.

cameeel

International Captain
Jono said:
**** me dead, Melbourne vs. St Kilda will be one hell of a cracker.

This year's finals is going to be brilliant, if only Freo didn't make the top 4. Stupid Demons for losing to Carlton twice, simply unforgiveable.
Personally I blame the Telstra Dome surface

:ph34r:

Anyone else hear them talking on the radio this morning about the possibility of Buckley being suspended? IMO it won't happen, Eddie will give the AFL a call and that will be the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.