• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Man this site is running like a dog, it took 5 minutes for that post to go through.

WOW Freo!!!! I tipped them and knew they would win!!! Dont rate them much in Melbourne come Sept though but on form they are easily the number one team in the comp.
If they finish top 4 they will only have to play in Melbourne once - for the grand final.

I think you will find that they have a positive record at the G, it is better than the Eagles away record anyway.

I still wouldn't back them for the flag.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nnanden said:
Chad fired up. :D Great win for Port. Still putting money on the Crows Jono? Injury central.
Ain't no way I'm going to stick my neck out and say they'll win it, but at $3.25 its tempting (though I was hoping they'd rise a bit closer to $4) seeing as they'll get two home finals. If the great Birdman Burton was there I would definitely be on them, but unfortunately he's no certainty to return come September. He's a vital cog, and my favourite non-Richmond player to boot.

I'll think about it. The only other tempting bet is St Kilda at $12, but I've already won money thanks to St Kilda this year (Had $200 on them to make the top 8 at $1.65 which was very generous odds considering it was the Saints) and I don't trust their midfield enough.

I've been pumping up this "get on Adelaide for the flag while their odds are high" statement for a few weeks now every week they lose, and I reckon its now or never to get on personally. If they beat Melbourne next week they will fall, and if they lose to Melbourne next week they're probably not going to win the GF anyway.

Tricky stuff. :dry: I love how open this season is :D

But still, best performance this weekend was without a doubt:

cameeel

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
I thought I was only one behind you going into this round, McKern?
cameeel said:
CW Tipping Ladder Round 20

Alternative - 109
Cameeel - 104
Orthodox - 102
Benchmark - 102
You got 6 in round 21 and I got 5, so 109-108 should be right.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hoggy31 said:
Richo won't get a kick this week with Glass playing on him.
What happened last time Glass played on him at the G? 6 goals for Richo I believe. :ph34r:

Mind you I rate Glass highly, and enjoy that he goes one on one with the key forward he's on. Old school backman rule, and since Richo is an old school forward, its always a good contest.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I got stuck with Carlton in an AFL 2006 tournament on PS2 we held at my mates' place on Sunday, because my other mate also supports Richmond and he was allowed to be them. In that game Kouta, despite being rated highly, just stinks up the joint and is absolutely useless in the centre. I rely on Betts (for his pace) and Fevola, the rest are rubbish. Even though I'd whip most of my mates in that game generally, I struggled because Carlton's backline is shizen (Thornton let Lloyd kick 10 on him, and I had Whitnall on Richo, and Whitnall couldn't even run by the 4th quarter he's so frickin' slow) and there is absolutely no pace in the midfield. Its like I'm 5 goals down before the game even starts. :(

They said I wasn't allowed to go a good team, but why make me Carlton. :mad:

Hoggy31

International Captain
It doesn't matter who you have playing on who in AFL 2006. The full forwards are always unstoppable on the lead.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hoggy31 said:
It doesn't matter who you have playing on who in AFL 2006. The full forwards are always unstoppable on the lead.
That's true, but if its kicked long, a decent backman will be able to out-mark or punch the ball away if the full forward is out of position and going back with the flight. Thornton on the other hand, well he sucks. Getting out-marked by Lloyd when Thornton has the sit and Lloyd is completely out of the picture really s.hat me. It came to the point where I had to put Lance at full back hoping he would be able to win 50% of marking contests.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Jono said:
That's true, but if its kicked long, a decent backman will be able to out-mark or punch the ball away if the full forward is out of position and going back with the flight. Thornton on the other hand, well he sucks. Getting out-marked by Lloyd when Thornton has the sit and Lloyd is completely out of the picture really s.hat me. It came to the point where I had to put Lance at full back hoping he would be able to win 50% of marking contests.
Fair enough.

Try getting your ruckman to tag the full forward, I find that works pretty well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
pasag said:
Bottom line, is the game worth buying?
If you have friends, then yes. :p Multi-player is unbelievably fun. AFL 2004 was a very good game (despite the bugs), 2005 was crap but 2006 is most definitely worth getting.
Hoggy31 said:
Fair enough.

Try getting your ruckman to tag the full forward, I find that works pretty well.
Haha yeah a mate of mine tried that with David Hille, hoping to stop Richo when I was playing as him. Result was 11 goals for Richo, and Hille being absolutely stuffed having to run everywhere :p But I think its still a good idea as long as you have a ruckman to interchange with.

Regarding tagging, I reckon that was an awesome addition. Whenever my mate goes West Coast I tag Judd, Cousins, Kerr and Embley, and then just hope Deledio can run riot himself, and fight off the Stenglein tag.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mark Ricciuto could be out for the season if the medical staff are correct in thinking he's caught Ross River fever.

More than that, his career may be over if it is, because the condition is known to be very debilitating. Loss of movement in the hands/feet etc.

Crows - S.T. Ruggling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.