• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pasag said:
"Geelong defender Tom Lonergan has had his right kidney removed after suffering a serious internal injury after bravely backing back into a marking contest against Melbourne at Skilled Stadium on Saturday."

:-O
Thats absolutely brutal, surely some long term issues will result from this.

pasag

RTDAS
pasag said:
Abit tactless but, do you think he will ever play again?
WOW Freo!!!! I tipped them and knew they would win!!! Dont rate them much in Melbourne come Sept though but on form they are easily the number one team in the comp.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Ex-Fremantle and Richmond player Garth Taylor apparently lost a kidney early in his career but managed to play on.

benchmark00

pasag said:
Abit tactless but, do you think he will ever play again?
Not sure, I've always had two kidneys.

Does this mean he'll be on dialysis for the remainder of his life? No idea.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
They've certainly been magnificent today. It mixed pretty well with West Coast being trash after the first half an hour.
Don't know if Eagles have played bad, they certainly played well in the first quarter. I think Freo are just simply the better team.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Hoggy31 said:
Don't know if Eagles have played bad, they certainly played well in the first quarter. I think Freo are just simply the better team.
They were rubbish. No continuity, no marks up front, no marks in defence, just crap in the second and third quarters.

benchmark00

The problem with running sides like West Coast and Dogs is that if you stop their run through the guts what do they have? especially since both at the moment don't have good key forwards. I haven't seen any of the game, but I invisage that Freo have choked up the Eagles midfield, something that's easier said than done.

cameeel

International Captain
CW Tipping Ladder Round 21

Alternative - 116
Cameeel - 109
Benchmark - 108
Orthodox - 107
Jono - 105
Burkey - 104
Buddhmaster - 104
Dark Hunter - 103
Linda - 102
Oz Fan - 101
Steds - 100
Ash Chaulk - 100
Faaip - 99
Rob - 95
Hoggy - 92
Archie Mac - 87

cameeel

International Captain
Any suggestions for tipping come finals time?

Maybe top 8 tip during the finals, with double points for a correct tip?

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Just watched the Freo WC game. It was an awesome display by the dockers. Glass did a good job on Pav for the most part, but they have so many other contributors. West Coast started very well, but the run was dried up and Freo just dominated the remaining 3 quarters. If they don't pull any Freo's in the finals, they're in with a shot.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Really unfortunate for Lonergan to lose a kidney.

After the Bulldogs game in round 4, his 5th game in 4 years on the list as a key forward, he had been stamped never to play again on his forehead.

He went back to the VFL and for the last two months played at full back earning one last shot in the AFL as a key defender.

In the game he was playing well, perhaps well enough to survive the end of season cull, and in putting his body on the line going back with the flight of the ball he ends up losing a kidney :(

As far as I'm aware people are born with one kidney so it doesn't affect day to day life but if he does play on there is potential to cop another hit and lose the other one.

benchmark00

I know Tommy Lonergan's uncle, Des. Yarrawonga bloke, did a bit of commentating with my brother.

That's my story.

Status
Not open for further replies.