• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
FaaipDeOiad said:
Wow. Port belted by 68 points in the end, and didn't really win a single position on the ground.
I heard Treaders didn`t get a goal! :blink:

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Hoggy31 said:
Hows every1 going with there tipping, i got 3 this week and my total score is 15...
I got 2 this week :-O and 13 overall :D

And in Dream Team-1473 this week, 4447 overall :-O

Great season personally for me so far.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Well the talk of a new team in NRL Thread has got me thinking.......

If the A.F.L was to form a new team, possibly at the expense of the Bulldogs(unfortunetly), where do you think it would be. In my opinion Tasmania, Gold Coast or maybe another Perth one. Any thoughts?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Buddhmaster said:
Well the talk of a new team in NRL Thread has got me thinking.......

If the A.F.L was to form a new team, possibly at the expense of the Bulldogs(unfortunetly), where do you think it would be. In my opinion Tasmania, Gold Coast or maybe another Perth one. Any thoughts?
Another Perth? No way, 2 WA teams are enough...

Maybe another Sydney team....

Tasmania though would be favourites...

But hey, maybe Dubbo....

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
I don't think you realise how footy mad WA is. Theres no other way over here. 3 teams would be good.
So is SA, why not them?

WA struggle to put two competitive teams out on the field already.....

Buddhmaster

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
So is SA, why not them?

Ok SA then. I suggested WA caus i'm from here and i'd like that to happen more. I think Tasmania would get it, but another team here would be great.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Another VIC team. Let's see a "Glenferrie Road Trams" team... :D

I've been doing crap for Dream Team, got 1533 this week, overall 4589.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
I heard Treaders didn`t get a goal! :blink:
Yeah, he barely touched it actually. He had three marks and two of them were right up on the wing, and just 7 kicks and two points for the game. McGregor took him right out of the game and actually got the ball more than he did, and Rutten did the same with Brogan. Torney was also awesome in the backline, getting 11 marks and 21 touches and making up for Ben Hart not playing.

Adelaide's defence has actually been the best thing about them this year. They've conceded the equal lowest total in afl after three rounds, despite facing two top sides who both rely on attacking play to win games. Hart's injury is disappointing, but Johncock, Torney, Rutten, McGregor and Bassett have been excellent. The highest total they have conceded all year has been 75, and each week the opposition has got their goals from midfielders floating forward as the key position players have been taken out of it. Embley for the Eagles, Caracella for Collingwood and Dew for Port (who played off half-back).

Linda

International Vice-Captain
benchmark00 said:
So is SA, why not them?

Freo are getting there, and WC are competitive as anyone. Not to mention theyve both got plenty of money.. They dont have sponsership/membership problems like Victorian teams seem to have.
Having said that, I think WA has enough teams for now. Its only a small city. I think Tassie would be a good starting point for a new team, or maybe country NSW or something.

How bad was this week for tips, lol, I got 4.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
AHHH!!!! What's with people's high rating of the Eagles. They have a poor forward line, especially now Phil's out of form, and the backline's just average. Plus the midfield is highly overrated. I now how good Judd is, but Fletcher is just a toiler, Kerr's inconsistent and Cousin's is the most overrated player of all time. Good bloke though :D

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
AHHH!!!! What's with people's high rating of the Eagles. They have a poor forward line, especially now Phil's out of form, and the backline's just average. Plus the midfield is highly overrated. I now how good Judd is, but Fletcher is just a toiler, Kerr's inconsistent and Cousin's is the most overrated player of all time. Good bloke though :D
Only the BEST teams in the league are 3-0 at the moment...!! :laugh:

Buddhmaster

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Only the BEST teams in the league are 3-0 at the moment...!! :laugh:
Don't worry, Kangaroos will do their usual and drop right back down at some period, Demons, maybe not.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Buddhmaster said:
Don't worry, Kangaroos will do their usual and drop right back down at some period, Demons, maybe not.
*AHEM* Kangaroos next 5 games - Collingwood(MCG), Hawthorn(MCG), Adelaide(AAMI), Port(AAMI), Western Bulldogs(TD) :sleep: ... if we can win at least 3 of them we'll be 6-2 after 8 rounds. :D

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Geez. You have an easy road.

Carlton:
Port Adelaide (AAMI)
Fremantle (SUBI)

then we have

Hawthorn (TD)
Richmond (MCG)

then we go back

Geelong (TD)
Melbourne (OO - we will be absolutely pumped for this, the farewell game for Optus. But still lose, almost certainly ;()

We will probably end up 4-5, I can't see us beating Freo at Subi, possibly Port after that shocking display but unlikely, we will trounce Hawthorn and Richmond, Geelong will be tough and, well, Melbourne will be awesome, but it's our farewell game..

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
The Swans.

Adelaide at the SCG
Melbourne at the SCG
West Coast at Subiaco
Essendon at Telstra Stadium
Port at the SCG

Status
Not open for further replies.