• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
We aare the Navy Blues, we are the old, dark Navy Bl....

Wait. You mean we threw away a 24 point lead in the 3rd quarter to be thrashed by 20 points?... :(

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Robertinho said:
We aare the Navy Blues, we are the old, dark Navy Bl....

Wait. You mean we threw away a 24 point lead in the 3rd quarter to be thrashed by 20 points?... :(
Yes indeed. Dammit!

Both very good games, but with the wrong end result! :@

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha! Am I the only one watching Before Game? hahaha..

Hughesy: What's longer - the flight to Perth or Adrian de Luca's neck?

Digby Morrell: Uhh.. The flight to Perth?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
game last night was very ordinary. i've never seen a team dominate the centre corridor like melbourne did. i reckon 80% of their forward 50 entries came from within the centre square, while geelong had 90% from either side, along the wings. ugly, ugly football.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
hopefully that bris vs syd game will prove to the weaker sides that you get more out of taking it up to a team with more "talent" than trying to restrict the damage. just compare the first versus the second halves.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
My tips have been blown out of the water..

Geelong, Carlton, St Kilda, Brisbane, where have you goone... a nation turns it's lonely eyes to you..

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
SWANNIES!

What a win! Sorry James, I understand your angst, but wow! I almost went to play table tennis at 3QT, so glad I didn`t.

They weren`t in the lead the WHOLE GAME until after it had ended! :D

Buddhmaster

International Captain
C'MON SSSSSSWWWWAAAAANNNNNNIIIIIIEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so angry I didn't see the game, yet so happy about the result.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
how good were the bloody swans... well from what i heard. so ****ed off i went out instead of staying in and watching the footy. well done in my absence boys.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Is it just me, or is the closest season in recent memory?

We've got the stalwart strong teams from the last few years in Brisbane and Port Adelaide, and the young movers from last season in St. Kilda, Fremantle and Geelong and Sydney, and the big movers in the pre-season this year in West Coast and Carlton. On top of that, Melbourne, the Kangaroos and Adelaide have all impressed more than expected in the first few rounds, and you can't write off Collingwood or Essendon entirely as they have plenty of good players who have won games for them in the past. That only leaves the Bulldogs, Hawthorn and Richmond off the pace, and the Bulldogs seem to be improving as well.

Certainly the hardest season to tip I can remember, and the huge numbers of close games so far in the year back that up. I don't think anybody would have picked Melbourne, West Coast and the Kangaroos to be on top after three rounds last year.

Adelaide are dominating all over the ground at half-time against Port now, up by 27 points with Ricciuto, Mattner and Torney on fire, and McLeod has had a few magic moments as well. I'm increasingly conviced that they are finals material this year, with the old guard doing well and some impressive kids coming through as well.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Adelaide are dominating all over the ground at half-time against Port now, up by 27 points with Ricciuto, Mattner and Torney on fire, and McLeod has had a few magic moments as well. I'm increasingly conviced that they are finals material this year, with the old guard doing well and some impressive kids coming through as well.
It's only very early, but I think you might be right.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I think I may finish this round with only 2 tips..

I tipped: Geelong, St Kilda, Carlton, Brisbane, Port.. (My winners were West Coast and I think Essendon are safe to win).. And the Bulldogs, the game looks close.

Shocker. Well, my dream team should do alright..

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Well that was a bloody brilliant weekend of footy. Especially on Sunday, Essendon just getting over the top of Hawthorn, and Tigers and Bulldogs having a great fight, with Tigers winning two in a row. But i'm sure that streak will be over in no time :D

I was just looking threw some of the stats. Paul Licuria has had a brilliant first 3 rounds. He has had 98 disposals, 20 more then nearest rival Nick Dal Santo :-O

Oh, and he also is leading Dream Team by 50 points :-O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.