• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Molehill

International Captain
A lot of the big names not doing too well at the BMW. Scheffler is T-28! :-O
The tournament is happening 21 miles from my house.
Not just not doing well, but seemingly losing the plot too. Rory with that driver throw into the water (he did at least seem to gain control halfway through the swing), Scottie as animated as he's ever been seen on a golf course.....who knew the bible man could swear?

Too much intense golf in a short period of time is seemingly getting to them.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scheffler apparently has a sore back (if true, the most predictable injury since Cummins first broke down) while Rory needs a break

grecian

Looks like a good finish at the home of golf in the Womens Open, Korda, jiyai Shin(twice winner), Vu (Defending champ)and Lydia Ko in contention.

grecian

That second shot to the Road Hole was great. On 18 can't be too many in golf male or female you'd back more to get down from about 100 yards than Ko so fitting she does it on the most famous hole in golf to win.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah precision golf (mostly) down the stretch, her wonderful short game coming to the fore there at the end!

grecian

This is a real ****-show in the BMW, I've gotta admit ATM I'm a little bit of an Aberg sceptic.

Bradley has been so lucky so far, I stand to win about a 100 if he wins, but not sure anyone deserves it.

social

This is a real ****-show in the BMW, I've gotta admit ATM I'm a little bit of an Aberg sceptic.

Bradley has been so lucky so far, I stand to win about a 100 if he wins, but not sure anyone deserves it.
Massive & expected choke from Scott

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Bradley sneaks through, just about. You would think he gets into the Presidents Cup now...

As social put it so eloquently, another back nine choke from Scott. Good finish by Aberg and Burns.

social

Bradley sneaks through, just about. You would think he gets into the Presidents Cup now...

As social put it so eloquently, another back nine choke from Scott. Good finish by Aberg and Burns.
Scott missed 5 greens with a wedge and 4 putts under 5 feet

Just bad

Molehill

International Captain
I see Luke Donald has made it clear to the LIV boys that there will be no special dispensation to be selected for the Ryder Cup, they will need to pay up their fines and play a minimum of 4 events on the DP World Tour.

Seems like Hatton has and is in the British Masters this week. I suspect Rahm will do likewise and turn up for Spanish equivalent events at the end of Sept.

social

Can Smith is playing in the NSW Open this year which must be the first time in nearly 30 years that a top player has teed it up in the event

LIV players should be applauded for promoting their local tours

Molehill

International Captain
Can Smith is playing in the NSW Open this year which must be the first time in nearly 30 years that a top player has teed it up in the event

LIV players should be applauded for promoting their local tours
This is just utter bull. There was nothing preventing Smith from playing it whilst he was a PGA player. Jason Day doesn't have to play any PGA Golf between now and January, less than LIV. If he's not in NSW that's his choice, nothing to do with the tour.

Ironically, LIV is preventing Hatton from playing in the biggest English tournament of the year. Indeed, I suspect he'd far rather be playing at Wentworth than the world renowned 'Maridoe Golf Club' in Dallas!!

social

This is just utter bull. There was nothing preventing Smith from playing it whilst he was a PGA player. Jason Day doesn't have to play any PGA Golf between now and January, less than LIV. If he's not in NSW that's his choice, nothing to do with the tour.

Ironically, LIV is preventing Hatton from playing in the biggest English tournament of the year. Indeed, I suspect he'd far rather be playing at Wentworth than the world renowned 'Maridoe Golf Club' in Dallas!!
Day plays in Tiger’s exhibition in the Bahamas rather than the Australian Open & his selection for the Olympics received a lot of backlash

Smith plays in Australia every year and sponsors a junior program

The 2 couldn’t be more different

Hatton is literally playing the British Masters TODAY plus the Spanish Open and the Dunhill Links

Meanwhile, other British players are elsewhere

Molehill

International Captain
Day plays in Tiger’s exhibition in the Bahamas rather than the Australian Open & his selection for the Olympics received a lot of backlash

Smith plays in Australia every year and sponsors a junior program

The 2 couldn’t be more different

Hatton is literally playing the British Masters TODAY plus the Spanish Open and the Dunhill Links

Meanwhile, other British players are elsewhere
So what has LIV got to do with Smith playing in NSW?

Credit to Hatton, paid his fines and doing what he needs to do to qualify for the Ryder Cup without going down a massive bitchfest. Ironic, given how his on course demeanour is the polar opposite.

social

So what has LIV got to do with Smith playing in NSW?
He’s a LIV player & they have no objection to him playing

Nothing other than that

However, LIV Adelaide is the biggest tournament in the country and LIV also sponsors junior programs

They do a lot more for golf here than the PGA Tour

Molehill

International Captain
He’s a LIV player & they have no objection to him playing

Nothing other than that

However, LIV Adelaide is the biggest tournament in the country and LIV also sponsors junior programs

They do a lot more for golf here than the PGA Tour
The PGA would've had no objection to him playing either.....just like they have no objection to all the European players coming to Wentworth etc in a month's time.

If LIV Adelaide is your biggest tournament then it says more about the marketing of other tournaments and loyalty of Aussie golfers than anything else. Why did the SA Golfers always turn up for their Opens but the Aussies did not?

I see the Creator Classic (yes, I had to look up what it was too) got significantly more streams than any LIV tournament has achieved so far.

social

The PGA would've had no objection to him playing either.....just like they have no objection to all the European players coming to Wentworth etc in a month's time.

If LIV Adelaide is your biggest tournament then it says more about the marketing of other tournaments and loyalty of Aussie golfers than anything else. Why did the SA Golfers always turn up for their Opens but the Aussies did not?

I see the Creator Classic (yes, I had to look up what it was too) got significantly more streams than any LIV tournament has achieved so far.
PGA Tour tried to have LIV players banned initially but that was never a starter here

LIV Adelaide has the best field & is an event with a concert, etc

The Australian Open was successful and some of that is down to the mixed format plus the popularity of Smith

Tbf, Day is just about the only player who doesn’t show up & he hasn’t for 7 years so no big deal. He’s got 5 kids, lives in Ohio plus Tiger’s event is just a highly paid holiday closer to home anyway

Nobody knows the viewership of LIV but YouTube isn’t a big component of it so that creator thing is irrelevant

In any event, Bryson is the biggest YouTube star apart from Paige Spiranac (golf :laugh:) and a guy who wasn’t involved