• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Molehill

International Captain
It’s a bunched leaderboard right now, no one’s running away with it…
Bunch of chokers this lot, as soon as someone gets a sniff of the lead they find a way to screw up....the Zhang eagle/double bogey combo being the best yet.

I suspect Korda or Ko's game will hold together best tomorrow.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Bunch of chokers this lot, as soon as someone gets a sniff of the lead they find a way to screw up....the Zhang eagle/double bogey combo being the best yet.

I suspect Korda or Ko's game will hold together best tomorrow.
Zhang did make up for it with an eagle at the 18th. Anyway, it could be someone making a Scheffler-like charge up the leaderboard who takes it.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Lydia! A full roster of Olympic medals and now officially in the HOF! Couldn’t happen to a nicer person!

Molehill

International Captain
High quality choke on the PGA Tour last night. When Greyserman holed out for eagle on the 13th he had a 5 shot lead....he ended up losing by 2 to Aaron Rai who only made up 2 shots in that time. A quadruple bogey on 14 and a 3 putt from 3ft on 16 being the killer moments.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rory needs a break

btw, these early FedEx playoff events are pointless filler

No serious contender gets eliminated - Rory is 2nd last and he might move down one spot in the rankings

Everyone in the field is guaranteed their card anyway

Scheffler could sit the first 2 or 3 out and still be number 1

Needs a different format

Molehill

International Captain
Rory needs a break

btw, these early FedEx playoff events are pointless filler

No serious contender gets eliminated - Rory is 2nd last and he might move down one spot in the rankings

Everyone in the field is guaranteed their card anyway

Scheffler could sit the first 2 or 3 out and still be number 1

Needs a different format
I do agree with you on this one. The Tour Championship is even worse. As Scheffler rightly pointed out, doesn't matter how far ahead he is in the points, all he gets is a 2 shot lead at Eastlake on a course Xander loves and he hates. It was far better under the old method, which allowed Tiger to win in 2018 and launch his Masters run the following year. You wouldn't get that story now.

I don't think Rory can be bothered in this heat. He'll be quite happy to be going off at 7am today and then getting out of Dodge. I suspect we'll see a different player next week and we know he likes Eastlake too.

Meanwhile, doesn't sound like Rahm's a happy boy on LIV (like we didn't already know). Sounds like he's majorly regretting his decision now it's becoming clearer that there's no sign of the Tours amalgamating.

Molehill

International Captain
I know it's blowing a lot at St Andrews, but the ladies really do take the piss. Hull/Korda's group have played 10 holes in 3 hours and 35 mins. They've been stood on the 11th tee for 25 mins with 2 other groups in front of them. I know the course design in that corner doesn't help (and I'm still not sure why so many think it's the best course in the world), but this is just daft.

On the other hand, seeing the Old Course with a proper wind makes it so much more of a test.

Molehill

International Captain
You must be pretty happy with the leaderboard after Day 1...:)
It's a superb leaderboard, and therefore astonishing that there's no TV Coverage of the Hull/Korda/Vu group this morning. Women's sport does itself no favours at times. There is literally no other golf on at the moment (or any sport), it would be such an easy win. But I suspect the fact it doesn't work for the US means they don't bother.

It took them 6 hours 10 to play their round yesterday, totally unacceptable. St Andrews is not a long course and virtually every tee is right next to the previous green.

Be surprised if Korda doesn't win from here though, looks like a large draw bias in her favour too.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's a superb leaderboard, and therefore astonishing that there's no TV Coverage of the Hull/Korda/Vu group this morning. Women's sport does itself no favours at times. There is literally no other golf on at the moment (or any sport), it would be such an easy win. But I suspect the fact it doesn't work for the US means they don't bother.

It took them 6 hours 10 to play their round yesterday, totally unacceptable. St Andrews is not a long course and virtually every tee is right next to the previous green.

Be surprised if Korda doesn't win from here though, looks like a large draw bias in her favour too.
Korda & Hull’s group waited a total of 45 minutes to tee off on 3 consecutive holes

Penalising slow play on the ladies tour is long overdue

Molehill

International Captain
Korda & Hull’s group waited a total of 45 minutes to tee off on 3 consecutive holes

Penalising slow play on the ladies tour is long overdue
Even in much better conditions this morning, that group have yet to complete 7 holes in 2 hours. It will still be well over 5 hours by the time they finish. Watching some of it yesterday was painful, the amount of times they backed off putts and then go through the whole process again. Also, feels like they do zero prep whilst anyone else in their group is playing a shot.

There were 4 groups on the 11th tee (par 3) at one point. Ridiculous.

Unsurprisingly, Hull going backwards this morning. She just can't keep focused for long enough.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
A lot of the big names not doing too well at the BMW. Scheffler is T-28! :-O
The tournament is happening 21 miles from my house.