• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Scottie! That was tough for Rahm, from 4 shots up with 7 holes left to 4 shots back at the end and completely out of medal contention. Well done by Fleetwood for the silver. Excellent from Hideki after narrowly missing out in Tokyo. Also glad PGA Tour heads didn’t explode or anything…😀

Last edited:

Molehill

International Captain
Scheffler is getting pretty ****ing annoying. How did he end up with two such good lies in the rough on 17 and 18? Gutted for Tommy, he deserves a big one. Shocking choke from Rahm, been a while since he’s been in that position and it showed.

But arguably the best golf tournament of the year, awesome back 9 from so many players.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Scheffler is getting pretty ****ing annoying. How did he end up with two such good lies in the rough on 17 and 18? Gutted for Tommy, he deserves a big one. Shocking choke from Rahm, been a while since he’s been in that position and it showed.

But arguably the best golf tournament of the year, awesome back 9 from so many players.
I don’t know if the lies were all that good especially the one on 18…I felt his approaches were just that good. But yeah, exceptional golf all round. Olympic golf has really been a roaring success, hasn’t it?

Molehill

International Captain
I don’t know if the lies were all that good especially the one on 18…I felt his approaches were just that good. But yeah, exceptional golf all round. Olympic golf has really been a roaring success, hasn’t it?
Those going in that rough on 18 have been laying up all week, he definitely got lucky.

I’ve heard some saying it should be a team game or matchplay or even mixed, but it’s hard to argue the format when you get 4 days like that. Looking forward to the Ladies now…

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Charley Hull was interviewed today and revealed that she hasn’t been on social media for months and just lets her agent operate her accounts

Her millions of followers must be delighted :laugh:

Molehill

International Captain
Charley Hull was interviewed today and revealed that she hasn’t been on social media for months and just lets her agent operate her accounts

Her millions of followers must be delighted :laugh:
I follow Charley on X and that’s blatantly obvious. Wouldn’t be surprised to see her go well this week.

social

I follow Charley on X and that’s blatantly obvious. Wouldn’t be surprised to see her go well this week.
She was asked her feelings on not being able to spark up a dart during the tournament

We’ll see how it affects her

Molehill

International Captain
She was asked her feelings on not being able to spark up a dart during the tournament

We’ll see how it affects her
Doubled the first!! But seems to be playing much tougher so far than for the men.

She can’t smoke? Sounds like Aphibarnrat was as usual.

social

She’s missed 5 putts under 10ft on the front 9 to be +4, maybe it impacts putting?

Nelly +3, only 4 golfers under par.
Nelly hasn’t been great for a while now

Saw her play a few weeks ago and looked like she had the yips on a few putts

Molehill

International Captain
Nelly hasn’t been great for a while now

Saw her play a few weeks ago and looked like she had the yips on a few putts
Not saying they’re slow, but the opening 3 ball is on the 17th after 4 hours 20. Unsurprisingly, it’s stacking up behind. Georgia Hall’s 3 ball plays the first 3 holes in an hour!!

social

Not saying they’re slow, but the opening 3 ball is on the 17th after 4 hours 20. Unsurprisingly, it’s stacking up behind. Georgia Hall’s 3 ball plays the first 3 holes in an hour!!
Slow play is a regular problem on the LPGA Tour

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Boutier off to a blazing start…Vu, Korda and Ko need a really strong Thursday to get back in contention

Molehill

International Captain
We might be on 59 watch in the Olympics as Metraux plays the front 9 in an astonishing 8 under 28, eagled both par 5's.

Molehill

International Captain
Turned out to be a ho hum 66…😀
And in the meantime, the big guns (Ko, Korda, Yin) have arrived at the top of the leaderboard. Given how similar Korda's game is to Scheffler, could easily see her pulling away from the field.