• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Molehill

International Captain
Looks like they've abandoned the Windsurfing again, just not enough wind, and the forecast for next week ain't much better. May as well just award the medals on the current standings....... 😉

BoyBrumby

Englishman
We used to run Regis in the 200m and then in a relay. Those were the days when we had good sprinters.
I may've imagined it, but I'm pretty sure we had Daley Thompson run a leg of the 4x100 in some games or other. Think it might've been LA in 1984, but could be confusing it with a Europeans or Worlds.

Ali TT

International Regular
I once touched Roger Black's medals. He was on the Corporate Motivational Circuit. It featured a video of the World Championships Relay (Black, Redmond, Regis, Akabusi) and half the speech was about him agreeing to go off first (what's best for the team isn't what's always best for the individual etc etc).
Feel as nauseous after reading this as I did when seeing the dadbod picture posted on one of the other Olympic threads.

Molehill

International Captain
This Canoe Slalom Cross Time Trial thing is a new one on me, looks fun.

But even more of a guaranteed killer for the untrained seeing as you have to perform a complete 360 Eskimo Roll.

Joe Clarke going last for GB. Looks more about speed than accuracy which could be good for him...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I may've imagined it, but I'm pretty sure we had Daley Thompson run a leg of the 4x100 in some games or other. Think it might've been LA in 1984, but could be confusing it with a Europeans or Worlds.
His Wiki shows he has a Commonwealth silver and a European bronze in 1986 for the 4x100m.

Edit: while Daley Thompson's wiki page doesn't mention it, a look at the page for the 4x100m shows he was part of the GB team who placed 7th in the final at the 1984 Olympics.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain

But even more of a guaranteed killer for the untrained seeing as you have to perform a complete 360 Eskimo Roll.

Joe Clarke going last for GB. Looks more about speed than accuracy which could be good for him...
It's just for seeding for the actual Kayak cross event I believe

howitzer

State Captain

Believe it or not these aren't actually that difficult to pull off in isolation. Doing it in a hurry as part of an overall routine is a bit different though.

Molehill

International Captain
It's just for seeding for the actual Kayak cross event I believe
Yeah I put that on for a few minutes and thought it was like televised practice given that there was literally no one in the stands
Just watched a video of it - this is must see tomorrow. They race in 4's and it looks like Its A Knockout in a Canoe.

Clarke seeded 1 so gets choice of starting lane it seems and a weaker QF.

Coronis

International Coach
So I am on reddit but bot I sure am glad I never got into twitter. Just seen a post with compilations re: Imane Khelif. (comebacks to the bad posts actually) but still. Twitter gotta be the most toxic place on the internet.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So I am on reddit but bot I sure am glad I never got into twitter. Just seen a post with compilations re: Imane Khelif. (comebacks to the bad posts actually) but still. Twitter gotta be the most toxic place on the internet.
On Reddit I’ve seen the Logan Paul 💩 on a wresting Sub-forum.

ripper868

International Coach
IRL v BUL in Women's boxing just now. Irish fighter in what seems to be proper boxing boots, Bulgarian in what seems to be regulation Aasics trainers.

Bulgarian seems to be more springy about the ring, which makes me wonder, what are boxing boots for? what in their design is better than regulation shoes?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Chuffed to bits for Bryony Page - I mentioned it last time out but if you haven't seen it this video on her mental block - which appears to be a gymnastics version of the golfer's 'yips', a sort of muscle memory loss - is worth a look, really eye opening.

weeman27bob

Really tight race in the 50m freestyle, McEvoy (Aus) takes gold over Proud (GB) by 0.05 seconds.

That's three swimming medals now where we've been in silver by 0.02 seconds, 0.02 seconds and 0.05 seconds.

weeman27bob

Presumably someone has @'d Burgey about the medal table, although he'll probably wake up in time for the swimming by which point they'll be ahead of us again.
ffs when will the swimming be over so Australia can stop this sick filth

Ali TT

International Regular
Really tight race in the 50m freestyle, McEvoy (Aus) takes gold over Proud (GB) by 0.05 seconds.

That's three swimming medals now where we've been in silver by 0.02 seconds, 0.02 seconds and 0.05 seconds.
Burgey will be happy, they're nipping back ahead of us