• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Molehill

International Captain
The second French showjumper got very lucky there with a little wobble on the last fence but the bar not coming off
We got a bit lucky too, but it stayed up. Will lead going into the final round....

She is world champion and now has the set of Olympic medals. Does the hardest routine too. Always thought she would medal but gold is a huge bonus.
Yeah, I just know nothing about it.

Ali TT

International Regular
Presumably someone has @'d Burgey about the medal table, although he'll probably wake up in time for the swimming by which point they'll be ahead of us again.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Is there? I hadn't seen. Is it new this time?
It was in the European Championships a couple of months ago and I'm sure the commentators mentioned it was at Tokyo.

Personally think a mixed relay should just replace the two single *** relays; given you only get 3 athletes per event it seems pointless bringing someone just to run the relay.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was in the European Championships a couple of months ago and I'm sure the commentators mentioned it was at Tokyo.

Personally think a mixed relay should just replace the two single *** relays; given you only get 3 athletes per event it seems pointless bringing someone just to run the relay.
We used to run Regis in the 200m and then in a relay. Those were the days when we had good sprinters.

Brook's side

International Regular

No way. They're about the best events of the lot.

Mixed is OK, but a bit mickey mouse.

Molehill

International Captain
Well there's another one, horsey jumping.

Still got Windsurfing and BMX to come.....turning into a very good day.

Molehill

International Captain
Todd Bennett
I once touched Roger Black's medals. He was on the Corporate Motivational Circuit. It featured a video of the World Championships Relay (Black, Redmond, Regis, Akabusi) and half the speech was about him agreeing to go off first (what's best for the team isn't what's always best for the individual etc etc).