• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Spark

Global Moderator
How come our women in the skiff medal race decided to sail off somewhere towards Algeria? Hilarity at the back end when the Dutch stopped thinking they'd crossed the line but were about 50m short. Cost them the race but fortunately not the gold overall.
:laugh: how on earth does that happen, surely it's pretty obvious where the finish line is?

Ali TT

International Regular
33 our lass. Almost old enough to be mum to some of the others. Would be in parts of the country 😉
Although the Canadian and kiwi women look much older than 25. I have even less clue about what's good in this than the diving, and the scores seem to be within a point of each other. Helluva lot of tears

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Although the Canadian and kiwi women look much older than 25. I have even less clue about what's good in this than the diving, and the scores seem to be within a point of each other. Helluva lot of tears
It's impossible bar seeing where they land

Ali TT

International Regular
She can't believe she's won either, looks genuinely over the moon that it's happened
She was joking around with her coach at the start - quite a contrast to the Chinese and Russian competitors who look like they genuinely fear for their lives after not winning.

Molehill

International Captain
Well that one was certainly unexpected, didn't even have it on my radar....just assumed it was another gimme for theChinese.

But well done jumpy bouncy lady!!

Elsewhere Tommy Fleetwood going well in the golf and the Show Jumpers lead after the first round of Team Jumping.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Trampolining definitely feels like somehow it's not a sport we should be good at competing in - I don't know why, we're reasonably good at gymnastics and diving which are probably the two most similar sports.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
The second French showjumper got very lucky there with a little wobble on the last fence but the bar not coming off

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well that one was certainly unexpected, didn't even have it on my radar....just assumed it was another gimme for theChinese.

But well done jumpy bouncy lady!!

Elsewhere Tommy Fleetwood going well in the golf and the Show Jumpers lead after the first round of Team Jumping.
She is world champion and now has the set of Olympic medals. Does the hardest routine too. Always thought she would medal but gold is a huge bonus.