• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The key to Australia getting 300+ when only 2 players got to 50?

Every batsman bar Hazlewood got to double figures. It's as simple as that. We can't afford people giving their wickets away in the single digits
Someone goes on though and you get 400+. Wasted opportunity

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting to see the field set. Are Australia going for the kill or are they going to put the onus on England to move the game forward as rapidly as they need to?
It’s about fkn time as the English top 3 are trash

slowfinger

International Debutant
But surely in Test Cricket it's about converting starts ? I don't think it's a positive when your top 7 make starts and nobody kicks on to a hundred ..
a bit of bad luck and poor batting, but the foundations were set and Australia do that almost every test

Qlder

International Debutant
The key to Australia getting 300+ when only 2 players got to 50?

Every batsman bar Hazlewood got to double figures. It's as simple as that. We can't afford people giving their wickets away in the single digits
But Khawaja made 3 and Cummins 1?

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
I'm not sure if the penny finally dropped for Starc in English conditions with his vast experience with the Dukes or what, but he just looks so much better this tour than previous away Ashes.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm not sure if the penny finally dropped for Starc in English conditions with his vast experience with the Dukes or what, but he just looks so much better this tour than previous away Ashes.
Bowling with much more nous than he used to. Still swings the ball but knows that it's the threat of swing that often brings wickets with the ball nipping away and it feels like he's pulled his stock length back a little to not allow as many easy drive balls.

Qlder

International Debutant
Btw Starc's performance one of the low key bigger CW wide tastings so far. Been the pick of the Aus bowlers by miles thus far this series.
Not me, have always been saying Starc should play above Boland and Hazlewood (so never be dropped/rested)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Btw Starc's performance one of the low key bigger CW wide tastings so far. Been the pick of the Aus bowlers by miles thus far this series.
He was good for the 12 months leading up to that finger injury he got vs SA