• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Shady Slim

International Coach
it's been said before but imagine if chris woakes wasn't totally inept when he crossed international waters it's insane how good he is during home

White Ball

State 12th Man
This kind of score probably is better for Straya than if they made 400 in a weird way. I can see England bringing bazball into play in these condition and that probably brings Australia more into the match.

Stapel

International Regular
Just been checking forecasts. Saturday morning and afternoon session look very wet, but rest is reasonably ok.

slowfinger

International Debutant
it's been said before but imagine if chris woakes wasn't totally inept when he crossed international waters it's insane how good he is during home
I mean he bowls at just about 80 MPH and without movement he's doing little more than giving throwdowns

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Interesting to see the field set. Are Australia going for the kill or are they going to put the onus on England to move the game forward as rapidly as they need to?

slowfinger

International Debutant
The key to Australia getting 300+ when only 2 players got to 50?

Every batsman bar Hazlewood got to double figures. It's as simple as that. We can't afford people giving their wickets away in the single digits

Silver Silva

International Debutant
The key to Australia getting 300+ when only 2 players got to 50?

Every batsman bar Hazlewood got to double figures. It's as simple as that. We can't afford people giving their wickets away in the single digits
But surely in Test Cricket it's about converting starts ? I don't think it's a positive when your top 7 make starts and nobody kicks on to a hundred ..