• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

halba

International 12th Man
His career isn't over but there's no need to thrash him into the ground in home conditions. Woakes and Robinson are good enough to make strong contributions in England and obviously Broad and Wood are starters.
It's very close to being over. Tongue and wood, woakes have better pace.

Shady Slim

International Coach
assuming jimmeh is "the ace", it sort of puts england in a penalty taker's conundrum heading into the next test. do you bring jimmeh back for the fourth knowing that it might compromise him for the fifth if the series gets that far (ie even if you play him in the fifth he might not be hundred percent), or do they hold him out for another test to ensure he's fit and good to go in the theoretical decider if they get there

Victor Ian

International Coach
how can you not let anderson play another game. he has 700 odd wickets. if you dont bring him back then he'll have to hang around ANOTHER year. bring him back so he can **** the **** off, once and for all.

ataraxia

International Coach
Anderson should absolutely play as many of the final two tests as he reasonably can. Call me dreaming, but I don't think it's all over for him quite yet.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Anderson should absolutely play as many of the final two tests as he reasonably can. Call me dreaming, but I don't think it's all over for him quite yet.
i agree with this analysis fwiw. no use to save your ace for the decider if the series is wrapped up before you even get there

Victor Ian

International Coach
i mean, if you mean its not over,as in that he can get a nice final game at home in front of his home crowd in the next two games, im with it. but if you mean its not over, as in that weak as piss geriatric is just going to take up spots that other English bowlers would better fill, thats dumb.

you can guarantee that warner is being tapped on the shoulder with a hammer this summer. likely before the sydneyvtest too.

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
It's very close to being over. Tongue and wood, woakes have better pace.
Poms have always had faster bowlers than Anderson though, haven't they? None of those bowlers are anywhere near the level Anderson has been at for years, in the right conditions.

I think too much has been made of the pace in this match, thought Aggers was going to wet himself at one stage. Guess the poms aren't used to it. You need more than just pace.

Flem274*

123/5
I haven't seen every ball but I also haven't seen any reason to suggest Anderson is done other than he hasn't had a bag this series and he's 40. He has been a medium fast bowler for years.

He's coming off a red hot year and a couple of quiet games is not cause for alarm. If he was 30 no one would care.

JBMAC

State Captain
IMPO, This test could go either way. However as it stands now England are definitely in the box seat for a win

halba

International 12th Man
its going to be raining again- so a lot of the DAY 4&5 lost to rain, no sunny period at all- all overcast unlike DAY 3

Aus may be able to eke out a draw here if all wash out.

Based on the forecast, looks like only 1-1.5hr of play possible max over 2days, with day 5 full rain.

loterry1994

International Debutant
its going to be raining again- so a lot of the DAY 4&5 lost to rain, no sunny period at all- all overcast unlike DAY 3

Aus may be able to eke out a draw here if all wash out.

Based on the forecast, looks like only 1-1.5hr of play possible max over 2days, with day 5 full rain.
yeah no way they getting a draw with the odds at $41. England only need like 3 hours to get it done

halba

International 12th Man
apologies ,looks like google weather is wrong. i checked here and day 4 isnt raining much

if thats right ,the result will be known in a few hours of play. It says sunny intervals, aus chances of winning are next to nothing.

loterry1994

International Debutant
apologies ,looks like google weather is wrong. i checked here and day 4 isnt raining much

if thats right ,the result will be known in a few hours of play.

Only way I see a draw is early wickets then a crap load of rain. England will know the situation well as well