• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Say what you will about Siraj's hair too, but good ****ing on him for calling it out there and then, after the events of yesterday no less when you'd expect it wouldn't happen again.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can the police charge them over the racist comments if it's proven? What sort of penalties/criminal charges could they face?
They might slap them with a holy trinity - offensive language, resist police, drunk and disorderly - otherwise there’s probably a vilification thing there somewhere, genuinely not sure

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
I mean, in the context of what happened yesterday the implication is fairly clear
Yes but clearly multiple groups of people were moved out. TJB was saying it would have sucked to be caught up and have it implied you were racist. It needed to happen, but I'm saying no one has made that implication at all.

TheJediBrah

Not how it works. If you have the right to behave like a petulant child, people have the right to call you out on it
Happy to be called out on anything, it was just some friendly advice becasue you seem to feel the need to bring me up every 5 minutes

anyway maybe I watch too much tv but my mind went to a place imagining that these guys get put on national television in the context of racial abuse and end up suing someone

Window

U19 Debutant
Can the police charge them over the racist comments if it's proven? What sort of penalties/criminal charges could they face?
There are hate speech laws in Australia but I doubt the Indian team will take this any further. Doubt the police will get involved either.

TheJediBrah

Yes but clearly multiple groups of people were moved out. TJB was saying it sucked that they were removed too because it had been implied they were all racist. It needed to happen, but I'm saying no one has made that implication at all.
I'm not necessarily saying that, I'm speaking purely hypothetically. For all we know they were treated as they deserved. I was just speculating.

Gob

International Coach
Crowd has been noticeably vocal at the Indians on the boundary today as well, I noticed earlier. Was hoping nothing outside of the usual brainless barracking was taking place.
Some blokes on FB were claiming yesterday that they were close to where Siraj and Bumrah fielded and no such act took place although some blokes had apparently asked Bumrah to take his shirt off or something

This is really sensitive obviously but I hope they'll investigate little deep in to what actually being said to make sure it's not another 'tera maki' situation. But of course the if guilty, nothing short of life ban suffice

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If found guilty, they'll be required to appear in blackface on the Hey Hey It's Saturday 40th Anniversary show.

Burgey

Some blokes on FB were claiming yesterday that they were close to where Siraj and Bumrah fielded and no such act took place although some blokes had apparently asked Bumrah to take his shirt off or something
Thing is, it seems fairly unlikely the players would complain unless something was said, and equally unlikely people sitting in the area would hear everything which was said in the course of a session or a day