• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How do they know it was all legit, and not a misunderstanding or some such? Would suck to be kicked out and have your face on national TV while it's happening, with the implication that you're a racist. Could potentially turn into a very serious matter
Guessing someone lagged

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
the intersting to me is that logically, these people today are the same people from the days prior, which should be easy to check via ticket sales etc, since these people are not supposed to move seats due to covid rules
The assumption that there aren't multiple groups of racist trolls at the SCG is ... optimistic.

Burgey

This really should be a declaration over Tea.
I suspect it will be. No one is scoring a hundred per session for four in a row on this, even allowing for extra overs. Also means they get a second new ball with > a session left tomorrow if they need it.

TheJediBrah

You'd assume those around them must have told police what was said. They were talking to an older guy down the front, so maybe that was enough.
It must be a difficult position for security to be in though. What if they didn't find any indication of abuse, but the players refused to start again until it was sorted? Do you kick some randoms out that seem likely suspects just to get the game moving again?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah and, you know, Siraj himself was under no illusions as to what was said
Yeah, I should have said "who said it" as you'd think that was all the police would need the crowd's help with. Although others verifying Siraj's account wouldn't hurt.

marcus1232

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
How do they know it was all legit, and not a misunderstanding or some such? Would suck to be kicked out and have your face on national TV while it's happening, with the implication that you're a racist. Could potentially turn into a very serious matter
I would dare say international cricketers are trained to deal with most banter and abuse over the fence I don't think they are willingly going to say something racist was said without actually hearing it.
It is disgusting behaviour and unfortunately a systemic issue that needs to be smashed on the head the moment it rears.

I don't mind a little pot shot of opposing team but if what was said was racist I applaud the Indian cricket team for knocking it on its head and i hope the offending people are dealt significant bans

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Crowd has been noticeably vocal at the Indians on the boundary today as well, I noticed earlier. Was hoping nothing outside of the usual brainless barracking was taking place.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
No implication whatsoever all the people removed actually made racist abuse. They needed to remove them because Siraj obviously heard something from the section and understandably didn't want to play on with the offenders potentially still there. The police officer held up two fingers as if to say he was directing two whole rows to exit. I haven't heard anyone jumping to conclusions about particular people shown.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
This might come as a shock to you, but you don't speak for everyone. Seriously your obsession with me has been mostly amusing but now it's just getting painful. Let it go, or put me on ignore, idc.
Not how it works. If you have the right to behave like a petulant child, people have the right to call you out on it

Spark

Global Moderator
Crowd has been noticeably vocal at the Indians on the boundary today as well, I noticed earlier. Was hoping nothing outside of the usual brainless barracking was taking place.
To be honest I doubt it just started then. Probably Siraj just decided enough was enough.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Can the police charge them over the racist comments if it's proven? What sort of penalties/criminal charges could they face?

Burgey

No coincidence it’s got that way (a) on a warm day and (b) on a Sunday when hack grade and club cricketers are able to attend

Spark

Global Moderator
No implication whatsoever the people removed actually made racist abuse. They needed to remove them because Siraj obviously heard something from the section and understandably didn't want to play on with the offenders potentially still there. The police officer held up two fingers as if to say he was directing two whole rows to exit. I haven't heard anyone jumping to conclusions.
I mean, in the context of what happened yesterday the implication is fairly clear