• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin's 20s are invaluable. Jadeja is a bit hit and miss in that regard.

Bowling wise it's hard to pick Ashwin over Jadeja, as well as he did in the first test.

OverratedSanity

I have more faith in Jadeja the batsman too tbh. Been much better than Ashwin with the bat recently and has shown the ability to bat properly instead of just jamming 40s.

cnerd123

likes this
Awesome win. The bowlers basically get the whole day to recover as well.

I'd keep an unchanged XI for Sydney. At most drop Rohit for Ashwin if a second spinner is necessary.

vcs

Yep, Jaddu should definitely have moved ahead of Ashwin in the pecking order by now. Feel like Ashwin has superior talent, but he's stopped producing those miracle spells which we'd come to expect of him around the last time when England toured us. He was magnificent and quite instrumental in getting us to that No. 1 spot.

trundler

Third worst yearly average for Australian batsman post war, after 1956 (horrid pitch doctoring in England and first tour of SC) and 1978 (WSC).

Victor Ian

International Coach
I know the batting doesn't compare to a couple of sides that have been here, but overall, considering the superior bowling, is this the best Indian side to tour here?

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
I know the batting doesn't compare to a couple of sides that have been here, but overall, considering the superior bowling, is this the best Indian side to tour here?
An Australian friend said to me in about 04, "India are a team of talents, not a talented team".

I would say this is the most talented Indian team I have seen. Individual talents may not add up to past, but as a squad they are brilliant

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah waht's your problem with Jadeja? Ashwin has proven he cannot operate as a lone spinner without getting injured/crapping the pants in the second innings. He should never be picked again for that role ever and never if it comes down to him vs Jadeja who has already proven to be a superior spinner at home and even with the limited sample size, a superior spinner overseas. Looking at the amount of wickets Lyon got in the first 2 matches, Jadeja would have likely had 2 Ten-fors with 4 fifers in this series had he not been so criminally under--rated by the ******s United.
Yeah, fair enough. I have been mad at Ashwin after the 3rd test in England. But he did well enough in Adelaide. One reason to prefer him over Jadeja would be the number of left handers in the team. I actually don't have a clear preference between those 2. I do want Kuldeep to get a game in Australia however. Experience can be very helpful for him.

OverratedSanity

Wasnt the 19-fer pitch a complete dustbowl? I think it's pretty well known that the curator was asked by the England chairman to prepare one

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was a super crappy batting line up too. Ian Craig averaged 19 in tests and was meant to be one our batting stars of the era