• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The thing that sucks the most is that Maxwell is at least as good of a spinner and a much better batsman too, so if you really needed a batting all-rounder who bowled spin, why not him?
I'd rather have Maxwell in the side because I think Australia should be massively prioritising the sixth batsman over the fifth bowler at the moment, but I'd definitely find a lot more use for Lubbers than Maxwell with the ball even though he might not be a massively superior bowler. Lyon's existence would make Maxwell's bowling virtually redundant IMO; I'd only use him about as much as Head has been used.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Trophy is far less important than avoiding the utter embarrassment and abject disgrace of losing to India in Australia.
no way you win in australia wuthout smith , warner and in form haze.Even starc declined from grace he often toothless.your Fielding worst than ever in history of australian cricket.Your openers and others not able to post respectability to australian score

problem is whom you can selects now?

Kirkut

International Regular
no way you win in australia wuthout smith , warner and in form haze.Even starc declined from grace he often toothless.your Fielding worst than ever in history of australian cricket.Your openers and others not able to post respectability to australian score

problem is whom you can selects now?
Hey, come on. I agree with Warner and Smith part, but with the rest of it you are being self critical. Enjoy the win!

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think I've done this yet but congratulations India. So far you've played consistently better cricket and it's shown in the results. Pujara man of the series for me.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Some bad form from a couple of Australians here at the end of Day 4. And one kiwi basking immodestly in the all too rare spotlight his team receives. Well done to us, commiserations to Pat Cummins. Whichever way you cut it, this Aus bowling attack has not been able to swamp and overwhelm one of the weakest Ind batting sides to tour in the last 20 yrs. I hope they do better versus the little Lankans.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Hoping Kuldeep gets the game in Sydney. If they do go with 2 spinners, he should be the 2nd choice still to partner with fit Ashwin.

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah waht's your problem with Jadeja? Ashwin has proven he cannot operate as a lone spinner without getting injured/crapping the pants in the second innings. He should never be picked again for that role ever and never if it comes down to him vs Jadeja who has already proven to be a superior spinner at home and even with the limited sample size, a superior spinner overseas. Looking at the amount of wickets Lyon got in the first 2 matches, Jadeja would have likely had 2 Ten-fors with 4 fifers in this series had he not been so criminally under--rated by the ******s United.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
This shows the stupidity and arrogance of Australia cancelling then Bangadesh tour. Not only was it a kick in the face to the Future Tours Programme, and stopped a potentially quite interesting series, it also stopped a valuable opportunity for Australian batsman (most of whom are better at white ball batting) to experience batting time against not such a strong attack. In the second innings of that second test most of the batsman got a start, but didn't appear to be able to bat time. Some of them need time in the middle

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I don't know why you'd drop Jadeja. It's not like Ashwin has set the world on fire overseas either, and Jadeja brings more to the table in other departments

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin was great in the first test I thought, but yeah his body clearly couldn't handle bowling that long spell, which is one of the main job a spinner is supposed to perform. Jadeja has shown enough to be the first one picked and if we go for two spinners then we can choose between Ashwin and Kuldeep. I'd go for Ashwin if he's fully fit, but that's never a guarantee.

Last edited: