• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah, fair enough. I have been mad at Ashwin after the 3rd test in England. But he did well enough in Adelaide. One reason to prefer him over Jadeja would be the number of left handers in the team. I actually don't have a clear preference between those 2. I do want Kuldeep to get a game in Australia however. Experience can be very helpful for him.
I know Ashwin has a much higher average against Lefties than he does against Righties, but Jadeja has an almost similar average against them too. He gets to bowl into the rough created by all the RHB quicks with the ball turning into their stumps which makes much more threatening IMO. It's very important to exploit the rough on these harder pitches which Ashwin almost always fails at.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Just curious... Has it always been a thing to declare and deny a 10fer (obviously when you can afford it) or is this ****ishness a recent thing?
Cummins jibbed twice this year.

Spark

Global Moderator
I have more faith in Jadeja the batsman too tbh. Been much better than Ashwin with the bat recently and has shown the ability to bat properly instead of just jamming 40s.
There's also the fact that Jadeja is a world class fielder, whereas Ashwin is about as mobile as the standard shipping container

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
I hope Ashwin plays in Sydney. I love how he works batsman, seemingly thinking 2-3 balls in advance. They can bring him in for Vihari and open with Rohit.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just curious... Has it always been a thing to declare and deny a 10fer (obviously when you can afford it) or is this ****ishness a recent thing?
It's not exactly a common situation though I wouldn't be surprised if it's happened before, but I can't think of an example. Steve Waugh declared with Jermaine Lawson on a hat trick which is sort of similar.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Had plenty of time to get more wickets to get his 10-fer on first 2 days. His 6-fer in second innings was a gift anyway given India's approach in that innings. Weird you would have a cry about that tbh.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Had plenty of time to get more wickets to get his 10-fer on first 2 days. His 6-fer in second innings was a gift anyway given India's approach in that innings. Weird you would have a cry about that tbh.
Hardly a gift as he simply got guys out

Cummins is one of the world’s best bowlers as his record shows

Victor Ian

International Coach
Yeah crying. You guys are so used to crying you interpret everything through those lenses;)
I was more considering how much harder it is to take bags when your batsmen don't give you the runs to bowl full innings. Also how being often declared on hurts bowling averages when you get less tail Ender's to bowl at. Maybe that's how I should have written it first up.

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
A relatively poor series from Kohli so far. Pujara has scored more runs, faced more balls and hit more fours and sixes to boot. But Pujara too 'failed' on the faster Perth pitch where Kohli played an ATG innings. I've been getting the feeling that the current monikers are inadequate and do not do justice to the full extent of one's abilities.

Pujara should from now on be called a Slow Track bully. He can play all sorts of bowling on all pitches exept the fastest. Be it minefields or green seamers.

Similarly Rahane is a Fast track bully. Virat is a real winner and can score runs on any pitch against the best bowlers. Rohit is a Really Really Slow Track bully.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not exactly a common situation though I wouldn't be surprised if it's happened before, but I can't think of an example. Steve Waugh declared with Jermaine Lawson on a hat trick which is sort of similar.
Remember that like it was just yesterday, was only a kid but that whole series was deeply memorable for me.

It's sad that due to a combination of injuries and problems with his action that Lawson never lived up to his promise.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Eventually, when Pattinson comes back to the test side, who should he replace? Haze or Starc? I'd get rid of Haze until he finds his form and toss the new ball to Cummins and Patto. Starc can come in as the first change bowler and go full tilt.