• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Only bowled 67 overs in all. Jadeja bowled 25 of them. Most overs by pacer were 15.5 by Bumrah. Not sure if the bowlers would have been that tired.

If we don't win this due to rain, I will need psycho therapy to get over it.
Man, give it a rest. We just secured a 300 run lead against Aus in Aus. Can't you be happy the rest of THIS day?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just realized Langer didn't really have an ODI career even though his List A record is superb and his ODI strike rate is in the 80s.. and now Finch is opening despite having sucked at opening in Shield.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think you've blended a couple of years together here -- Hodge and Watson had their first runs in 2005/06 iirc, Martyn retired in 2006/07 (by which point Hussey was established), and Jaques came a bit later in 2007/08 (after Langer retired). So I'd see something like this:

2005/06
2006/07
2007/08

1. Langer
  2. Hussey
  3. Hodge
  4. Martyn
  5. Clarke
  6. Watson
  7. Gilchrist

NCOTR: Jaques

1. Langer
  2. Jaques
  3. Hussey
  4. Martyn
  5. Clarke
  6. Symonds
  7. Gilchrist

NCOTR: Voges

1. Rogers
  2. Jaques
  3. Katich
  4. Hussey
  5. Clarke
  6. Symonds
  7. Gilchrist

NCOTR: Hussey

• Hussey played as the reserve opener in 2005/06 anyway. Hodge/Martyn/Clarke were fighting for two spots so they all get to coexist.
  • Symonds replaced Martyn mid-2006/07, with Voges called up to the squad. Jaques to get his crack a year early imo. Picks itself.
  • Rogers played as the reserve opener when Hayden was injured in 2007/08, Katich was in the middle of his 1500-odd run summer so probably is fighting DHuss for the spot.
Fair point. Jaques was gunning it as an opener in 2005.

Fair to say this is the worst batting depth Australia has had since the early 90s.

The quality of Australian batting sides seems to have an inverse correlation with the availability of Marsh's to play for Australia.

morgieb

Here are the BoM's predictions for the weekend:

Saturday 29 December
SummaryMin 21Max 24A few showersPossible rainfall: 1 to 5 mmChance of any rain: 60%
Melbourne area
Humid and mostly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers. Winds southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light early in the morning then becoming south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h in the early afternoon.

Fire Danger - Low-Moderate

Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 5:30 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 11 [Extreme]

Sunday 30 December
SummaryMin 18Max 23Showers mainly morning.Possible rainfall: 2 to 6 mmChance of any rain: 80%
Melbourne area
Humid and mostly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and early afternoon. Winds southerly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the morning then becoming southerly 15 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day.

You should be fine.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
The absolute worst thing about this collapse is that it wasn't actually a collapse. It was the batsmen slowly getting to 20 and then throwing away their wickets. It's maddening and heads should roll.
There's as much justification for a clean out now, as there was post Hobart two seasons ago.

Kirkut

International Regular
Only bowled 67 overs in all. Jadeja bowled 25 of them. Most overs by pacer were 15.5 by Bumrah. Not sure if the bowlers would have been that tired.

If we don't win this due to rain, I will need psycho therapy to get over it.
Even I was of the opinion that Kohli should follow on, but then maybe Kohli knew that pacers would not be able to maintain the same level of intensity as they did before. Anyways, very few touring sides would have the courage to make Australia follow on unless their bowling attack is legit ATG.

TheJediBrah

There's as much justification for a clean out now, as there was post Hobart two seasons ago.
I would definitely be all for a clean-out. Of the top 6 I'd only keep Khawaja for Sydney, but there's no way they'll make that many changes.

Burns
Khawaja
Patterson
Maxwell
Wade
Stoinis

Surely they have to make some changes at least. 6 innings is plenty of opportunity and Head, Finch, Harris & Marsh have failed.

stephen

I would definitely be all for a clean-out. Of the top 6 I'd only keep Khawaja for Sydney, but there's no way they'll make that many changes.

Burns
Khawaja
Patterson
Maxwell
Wade
Stoinis

Surely they have to make some changes at least. 6 innings is plenty of opportunity and Head, Finch, Harris & Marsh have failed.
Would do just as well as the current XI.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
The sad thing is that at least half of those players will be kept for the SL series against a terribad team where they may get some runs and then they'll be a push to put them on the Ashes tour.

stephen

Shaun Marsh should be considered Smith's seat warmer. There should be an opener-off between Renshaw and Burns and Harris for Warner's partner spot.

The rest of the spots should be settled. Khawaja at 3, Head at 6, Finch at 5.