• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

cnerd123

likes this
Bat again, bat till Lunch tomorrow, get some more overs into the Aussie's legs, give ourselves 5 sessions to bowl them out

Runs don't matter, just grind them to exhaustion.

Australia will be smart about this and probably have Lyon bowl unchanged from one end, with Mitch Marsh bowling a lot of overs as well. Give Haze/Starc/Cummins a break. There is nothing to bowl for here, and don't want to risk an injury with the series to save in Sydney. We could see Finch and Head both have decent length spells too.

Really hard to see a way back into this for Australia. They just gotta go through the motions here, and then back themselves (and the weather) to bat our a draw in the 4th.

maggot8210

Cricket Spectator
Hopefully we get the over of listening to Tim Paine chirping. He's gonna have to produce some of his best bants in order to not sound like a complete knob.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is the worst I think I've ever seen Australia do in a boxing day test. There was no reason to be rolled for 150 here.

All credit to Bumrah though who has done a great job padding his stats against minnows.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly, unless we run through them with the new ball I would have our bowlers bowl short and white outside the off stump with a stacked off side field

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the Australian side of 2006 had have lost Ponting and Hayden, their top order would have been:

Langer
Jaques
Hodge
Martyn
Clarke
Watson
Gilchrist

Certainly enough batting there to score 350+ consistently.

Spark

Global Moderator
This is the worst I think I've ever seen Australia do in a boxing day test. There was no reason to be rolled for 150 here.

All credit to Bumrah though who has done a great job padding his stats against minnows.
98ao and 0/150-odd was most definitely worse than this

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
According to Google, 70% chance of precipitation on Sat and 80% on Sunday. For comparison, today is 30% chance. Man I am going to be so upset if we don't win it because of rain.

Last edited: