• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If these two get us to 450, Pant and jaddu can take us to 600.
Yes but by when?

That’s lunch tomorrow at the earliest, then you have to bowl for 2.5 days plus to take 20 wickets, and suddenly it’s your bowlers who are rat arsed heading to Sydney.

Burgey

You’re always happy with runs on the board aren’t you?

The thing here is, if they keep going like this they’ll have to bat on to tomorrow which takes time out of the game, but if they put the foot down and get rolled they risk giving up a bit of a lead on the first dig and getting rolled cheap day five.

I suppose that’s the benefit of staying disciplined with the ball even on a flat deck. It puts the onus back on the batting side. I think India is batting with half an eye on Sydney here anyway tbh.

Edit: it’s unlikely there would be much of a lead to Australia, if any, given their batting line up but there’s a slight chance.

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Still feel people are being too premature on giving up on this game. Other than Khawaja and the elder Marsh, Aus have no proven batters out of time, and those two don't exactly inspire much confidence either. 450 will be a good score on this, whenever it arrives.

Burgey

“I’ve missed vicleggie’s erstwhile and erudite contributions to the forum.”

- No one.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still feel people are being too premature on giving up on this game. Other than Khawaja and the elder Marsh, Aus have no proven batters out of time, and those two don't exactly inspire much confidence either. 450 will be a good score on this, whenever it arrives.
Yeah I'm not too convinced Finch and Head can deadbat and grind a 40 strike rate innings

TheJediBrah

vicleggie is your typical Indian facebook cricket commenter tbh

If anything he'd be on the more sensible end of that group