• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Victor Ian

International Coach
I'm just pissed off. The best outfield, the best stands but the worst pitch in the world. Makes a Victorian hang their head in shame.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Aakash Chopra is a far better commentator than Bhogle.
Yup. Bhogle is just a tv anchor who people have decided can commentate and analyse the game when he only does it slightly better than a casual fan, at other times he's a festival of platitudes. Chopra analyzes the game well and so too does manjrekar who gets a lot of flak for no reason.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm just pissed off. The best outfield, the best stands but the worst pitch in the world. Makes a Victorian hang their head in shame.
Outfield seems slow as well this year tbf. Love the old waca outfield which was like polished glass.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Yup. Bhogle is just a tv anchor who people have decided can commentate and analyse the game when he only does it slightly better than a casual fan, at other times he's a festival of platitudes. Chopra analyzes the game well and so too does manjrekar who gets a lot of flak for no reason.
The flak is from Indians and you would get it if you were from these parts. They're both smarmy, unctuous ****heads.

Burgey

Bhogle was a casual fan til the ABC let him on air during a tour here after he wrote to them and asked if he could commentate if he made his own way over.

Good on him for having a go but I don’t know how he’s able to articulate anything with his nose so far up [insert India’s best batsman at any given time’s] arsehole.

cnerd123

likes this
I thought it goes to CA. CA are money hungry ****tards who would have said/hinted 'make sure this is not a 3 day pitch'. I imagine all the pie and beer money goes to the locals. Perhaps more pressure is applied by the broadcasters in which case not much can be done, I guess.
Grounds keep gate revenue

Not sure on the details but from what I understand these massive grounds all cover their own costs, and they usually 'bid' for the rights to host a Test match - whether that involves offering a discounted ground hiring fee to the local cricket board, or actually paying the board the get the game, idk. But the reason they bid for these marquee matches is to raise money from ticket and concession sales. And that's why they are usually interested in having a game go on to Days 4 and 5.

Their interests are aligned with broadcasters, but they aren't in it together.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Bhogle's not there for analysis he's there to keep the conversation going and involve actual analysts when needed. Problem is he never really shuts up.

TheJediBrah

I'm thoroughly pissed off with these Melbourne pitches. It makes me want to puke. The only thing Australia has giong for it is the bowling. Why the **** would you serve up a batting pitch? Dumb ****s!
Actually theoretically serving up batting pitches should help Aus if they have strong bowlers & weak batters, but only really if they're fast and bouncy as well as being "batting pitches". Slow and low batting pitches definitely don't help Aus.

Burgey

Good to see a Hong Kong based Bangladesh supporting local umpire knows the ins and outs of CA’s corporate partnerships

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Slater and Brayshaw actually aren't that bad when they don't feel like they have to ingratiate themselves to the Channel 9 greats

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
If they get to 450, and they really should, it should at least take the defeat out of the equation.

My word, what is up with Australia's catching in this game

Pant you moron can you just try not batting like a maniac against Lyon for a change
150 overs in 35-in-the-shade heat

cnerd123

likes this
Is Nohits innings today downhill skiing, actually good, or somewhere in between

Its definitely useful given the circumstances he came in and the situation of the series, but the pitch is lifeless and he has been dropped.

TheJediBrah

As long as we can all agree that MCG's **** pitches are largely the AFL's fault

150 overs in 35-in-the-shade heat
lol this, can't hate on Aus fielders/bowlers much at this stage. I'd like to see how most CWers field after that, if they're even still standing.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm ashamed to admit that after all these years of posting I've only just got what your name means.