• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Throughout this innings, a line from old Pathé footage has kept popping up in my mind. Seems apt for the situation.

"If this is cricket I'd rather join the army and go see the world"

OverratedSanity

If they declare 10 overs before play at 450, I'll be really annoyed. Either score quicker and get 500 atleast before contemplating declaration or just bat into day 3.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I like the rough just in fron of the lefties off stump. Its probably too full and straight to be dangerous hut we are talking about au batsmen.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If they declare 10 overs before play at 450, I'll be really annoyed. Either score quicker and get 500 atleast before contemplating declaration or just bat into day 3.
Yeah at this stage they may as well bat once and bat big and go for 500 even if it eats into day 3

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bat out the whole five days I say. Consider this, it's flat, this match is going the way of the birds. Sydney coming up, save your bowlers the pain of bowling here and grind the Australian attack into the absolute dirt, burn them.

Burgey

Thanks for that. He also said it was lucky no one was killed. Reckon it was an awful pitch and anyone who thinks it’s “good for cricket” and “heaven forbid batsmen are discomforted” can bat on it to better appreciate the distinction between a fair contest and a blood sport.
Had a very different attitude between 1974 and 1977, did Dennis