• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What are the ****ing tactics here? Are they (maybe justifiably) not rating Australia to the point where they reckon 450 and a declaration tonight is enough? Or will they bat on into tomorrow by which time they wear out the bowlers a bit more but the batsmen are a shotload fresher than they will be of they have to go in for a while tonight?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't get me wrong I like him but some he's got out playing some loose shots this series

Re: Head

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
The runrate isn't a problem IMO. Take time out of the game, get overs into Australia's legs, and if it turns out there isn't enough time (or runs) to bowl Aus out twice, just play on for the draw. Even if Aus get the first innings lead, by the time they do so it will be late on Day 4 or something, and India just has to bat a few sessions to ensure the draw.

Also this pitch is misbehaving already - if this keeps up, 380 might be plenty of runs for the first dig

What id be nervous about is if they collapsed right here and now, and that's very likely with this lower order, and then the bowler's don't get the ball to misbehave as much. Then we're ****ed, because we don't have enough runs on the board and there is enough time for Australia to force a result

Victor Ian

International Coach
I'm thoroughly pissed off with these Melbourne pitches. It makes me want to puke. The only thing Australia has giong for it is the bowling. Why the **** would you serve up a batting pitch? Dumb ****s!

Let's assume the MCG gets in 50,000 for the last two days and tickets cost $50 for adults and $17 for kids and it is a 50/50 split. They make 1675000. That is nothing compared to the TV rights. About time they made days 4 and 5 for free to stop these wankers making roads to maximise weekend gates.

Burgey

Well, they should have gone a bit harder yesterday arvo and this morning imo. It’s putrid that we’re an hour into the sixth session and the score has a three in front of it.

Lol Cummins. Got great hands ffs

vcs

If they get to 450, and they really should, it should at least take the defeat out of the equation.

My word, what is up with Australia's catching in this game

Pant you moron can you just try not batting like a maniac against Lyon for a change

Burgey

Disagree. Chopra tries to tell too many stories from his 7 test career

Bhoghle seems more professional too
They’re both ****s, but Bhogle is by far the more self important. Neither add a thing to the commentary tbh.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm thoroughly pissed off with these Melbourne pitches. It makes me want to puke. The only thing Australia has giong for it is the bowling. Why the **** would you serve up a batting pitch? Dumb ****s!

Let's assume the MCG gets in 50,000 for the last two days and tickets cost $50 for adults and $17 for kids and it is a 50/50 split. They make 1675000. That is nothing compared to the TV rights. About time they made days 4 and 5 for free to stop these wankers making roads to maximise weekend gates.
The TV money doesn't go to the grounds right? So if CA wants grounds to stop trying to maximise gate revenue, they need to compensate them with a cut of the TV revenue or something.

Burgey

The MCG is anything but poverty stricken. They just believe they can do what they like because Boxing Day has become such an event.

Victor Ian

International Coach
The TV money doesn't go to the grounds right? So if CA wants grounds to stop trying to maximise gate revenue, they need to compensate them with a cut of the TV revenue or something.
I thought it goes to CA. CA are money hungry ****tards who would have said/hinted 'make sure this is not a 3 day pitch'. I imagine all the pie and beer money goes to the locals. Perhaps more pressure is applied by the broadcasters in which case not much can be done, I guess.