• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see Warne is into Starc this morning. I’m sure it’s nothing to do with this previous spat and that Shane is just calling it as he sees it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Its South Africa, England, New Zealand, and Australia
That's not a great way of categorizing them. Other than if you want to talk about countries with mostly white players. They have little in common with each other in terms of pitches and the away records (even amongst other 'SENA' countries).

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's not a great way of categorizing them. Other than if you want to talk about countries with mostly white players. They have little in common with each other in terms of pitches and the away records (even amongst other 'SENA' countries).
The term originated from Reddit and the army of Indian fans over there. It would include the West Indies if they weren't horrible and had been preparing pitches sufficiently different to subcontinental pitches. But they're now basically an Asian country with the pitches they're rolling out.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The term originated from Reddit and the army of Indian fans over there. It would include the West Indies if they weren't horrible and had been preparing pitches sufficiently different to subcontinental pitches. But they're now basically an Asian country with the pitches they're rolling out.
Yea, I'm not buying it. I've watched cricket in Australia. It's more comparable to flat pitches of Sri Lanka than the pitches of South Africa.

Starfighter

Yea, I'm not buying it. I've watched cricket in Australia. It's more comparable to flat pitches of Sri Lanka than the pitches of South Africa.
spin / pace wickets proportion says otherwise. Sri Lanka have produced a grand total of 5 matches this decade in which pace bowlers have taken 20 or more wickets. I don't know how far back you have to go to find the same for spin in Aus, but it's not a common occurrence.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's more about the difficulty for Subcontinental tourists than pitch conditions.
I guess? But it's kind of fake news because 1) Bangladesh sucks, 2) Pakistan don't play in Pakistan right now, 3) India is pretty good. It's a weird comparison. I'd back Pakistan or Sri Lanka to do better in a SENA country than in India. I think people need to think a little broader than historical definitions from the 80s. Even then, it didn't make much sense given Pakistan had a fast bowling attack that could do much better than the other subcontinental countries. It's more about having quality fast bowlers than any other factor. And historically, India haven't had a very good one. I don't think it makes sense to organize the cricket world in that way anymore.

stephen

I guess? But it's kind of fake news because 1) Bangladesh sucks, 2) Pakistan don't play in Pakistan right now, 3) India is pretty good. It's a weird comparison. I'd back Pakistan or Sri Lanka to do better in a SENA country than in India. I think people need to think a little broader than historical definitions from the 80s. Even then, it didn't make much sense given Pakistan had a fast bowling attack that could do much better than the other subcontinental countries. It's more about having quality fast bowlers than any other factor. And historically, India haven't had a very good one. I don't think it makes sense to organize the cricket world in that way anymore.
India has the best all round team they've ever had. They have two batsmen who are world class and some other decent batsmen and they've got a solid fast bowling attack and a couple of decent spinners. It's way more rounded than the team of the 00s, but that team had a better batting lineup.

stephen

A greentop will almost certainly favour India, since it'll make the game more of a crapshoot.

Funnily enough, I think a turning track would help Australia more than India with Ashwin out.

aussie tragic

International Captain
So 3 of Aus top 6 have played 7 Tests between them and average the following

Harris 26.00
Finch 32.00
Head 34.66

When you include Smarsh 35.14, that's looking like the worst averaging top 6 since 1977/78 WSC (Khawaja 42.94 and Handscomb 41.76 saves them from all-time worst)