• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Shri

Mr. Glass
If you want to take advantage of the grass, play Bhuvi ffs. Not Yadav, who you use as a brute force tool in dead tracks. Ffs.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At least we won the toss for once. Not sure about how the wicket will wear though, today is supposed to be the only really hot day.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really don't know about this. If the pitch is as green as the early indications, surely Bhuvi would've been the better option, especially with his batting bonus. We have 4 number 11s.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
If 3 pacers can get the job done on a journeyman wicket like Adelaide, why would you need 4 on a faster pitch? Anyway, on such wickets, its the two form bowlers at most who get the job done. Mindless selection really.

Starfighter

I suppose Umesh's five for seven years ago gives him some mileage on this pitch but I'd much rather face him with the slippery new ball than Bhuvi darting it about off the seam.

I don't think our batsmen are technically equipped enough anyway. Finch in particular, unless they bowl too short.

Niall

International Coach
I really don't know about this. If the pitch is as green as the early indications, surely Bhuvi would've been the better option, especially with his batting bonus. We have 4 number 11s.
Its a really dodgy lower order this, only his second test for Vihari and a hyper aggressive Pant with that lower order on this pitch. Big call.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I absolutely hate this tail...
Yeah even though Umesh was named in the squad a couple of days ago I'd basically narrowed it down to twelve because I was sure they wouldn't pick a tail this terrible if they could avoid it.

I reckon even a team with five bowlers (so, Jadeja and Bhuvi in for Vihari and Yadav) would've looked more solid batting wise than this one.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I wanted them to pick a spinner but Jadeja or Kuldeep? I think it may have made a difference but very likely it wouldn’t have been a huge one.
I honestly don't think there's ever a case for 4 quicks and no spinner in Australia these days. Still a bit haunted by 07-08, as much as it pains me to admit this Shaun Tait shouldn't have played that game.

Starfighter

I'll be interested to see how the pitch goes. It's been fast and bouncy enough in the shield and a couple of the limited overs matches. It didn't look anymore green than what used to be normal first day at Perth, and both captains wanted to bat. The real question is if it breaks up, because drop in pitches tend not to. I do think India have a good opportunity to get on at its easiest later on day two and on day three, if Aus lasts that long.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I honestly don't think there's ever a case for 4 quicks and no spinner in Australia these days.
I think there is sometimes if you have a batsman who bowls vaguely reasonable spin, but I guess you could argue that balance would actually be "four quicks and half a spinner".

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
What the hell is a SENA county? Like Shiv Sena?
It's another acronym for the ANUS countries. That is countries that are considered AWAY performances for the Indian team and whose results are the only results that count for determining the worth of our team and players as you can see on this thread. Surprisingly too given how most of the ANUS countries get regularly thrashed by the non-ANUS's SL, WI, PK and now BD.

Shri

Mr. Glass
It's another acronym for the ANUS countries. That is countries that are considered AWAY performances for the Indian team and whose results are the only results that count for determining the worth of our team and players as you can see on this thread. Surprisingly too given how most of the ANUS countries get regularly thrashed by the non-ANUS's SL, WI, PK and now BD.
great we have another ****ing redditor