• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

the big bambino

International Captain
Play the most nervous starter in the whole country as opener, it's been tried and has failed numerous times before
More nervous than Finch - yeah? Marsh is a bad starter anywhere he bats. I want Finch in the middle order and Usman to stay at 3. Someone has to move for that to happen. Its not as if we're blessed with options

aussie tragic

International Captain
It's done guys, batting order for Perth is:

Finch
Harris
Khawaja
Smarsh
Hanscomb
Head

Finch out in 1st or 2nd over, Smarsh due for a less than 10 :(

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every pitch is prepared with the idea of giving some kind of an advantage to the home team.
That is how cricket has always been played; there is nothing wrong in doing it, IMHO.
smh not this **** again

Absolute rubbish. Some countries do it as a matter of course, others rarely if ever do it.

Also pretty sure a greentop would suit India here more than Aus. If Aus wanted to make a pitch to help them it would be a hard, flat & bouncy with minimal lateral movement.

Woodster

International Captain
It’s hard to see Finch succeeding at the top of the order with any degree of consistency. With only seven first-class centuries in 135 innings to his name (now at the age of 32) that in itself suggests that a place in the middle order when the ball isn’t doing as much would be a better fit for Finch.

I see the benefits of having a positive batsman like him going in at the top, but realistically he’s going to have a real impact only rarely, but someone has to open alongside Harris.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It amazes me that bowlers can flirt so closely with the front line in tests, yet never go near the ****ing thing in LO matches.

Might need a free hit playing condition in tests to stop them from pushing it. Starc, for example, is usually a long way from no-balling. A lot of other blokes are too. It's pretty unprofessinoal from Sharma to be consistently that close to the line tbh.
It's just the most pointless thing ever isn't it? Even if most of your no-balls are Dharmasena'd, you know if you take a wicket the first thing any umpire worth his career will do is send it upstairs.

Bolo

State Captain
smh not this **** again

Absolute rubbish. Some countries do it as a matter of course, others rarely if ever do it.

Also pretty sure a greentop would suit India here more than Aus. If Aus wanted to make a pitch to help them it would be a hard, flat & bouncy with minimal lateral movement.
IDK about England. Other than them, AUS is the only country that hadn't been openly doctoring to suit particular visitors in recent years. In AUS broadcasting money has been doing the doctoring.

Amusingly AUS, being the only country not actively trying to backhand an advantage has been the only country that has managed to gain one. Flat works.

Countries are learning from their mistakes and have seen that the doctoring they have been doing tends to randomise outcomes instead of working in their favour. The only countries who seem to consistently doctor are weak enough to accept randomisation as an acceptable outcome. I don't think they should be judged for this. Everyone else would be likely to do the same in their position.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm a little nervous with India going in with only fast bowling. I think Jadeja would probably get smashed, but I would kind of pick him anyway.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm super excited to see a real fast bowling pitch. That Wanderers pitch during the final Test between India-SA earlier this year was one of my favorites of all time.

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
A sporty pitch only serves to randomize the result and doesn't necessarily favor India as many seem to believe. That said odds of 50:50 in SENA countries are a substantial improvement for this Kohli-Shastri cabal compared to their usual rabble. I think the team that gets to use the best of the changing conditions; batting first or second, is likely to win. Losing the toss may not be worst idea.

That is unless they do exactly as I say starting with playing Jaddu-Bhuvi-Umesh in which case they have more than an even chance of victory.

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think it can now also be pointed out that India have a better pace bowling unit than Australia. They outbowled the Aussies in India and outbowled them in the first test again so even if we lose the remaining three it's still 5-3.

Checkmate