• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

the big bambino

International Captain
Yep I agree. He's young but his consistency is still frustrating. Anyway it looks like he'll get a good run in all forms internationally so he's looked on favourably.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They should make Travis Head captain.

At toss time, he need not call.

(I'm assuming for overseas games, since he's the one flipping the coin for home games).

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I've thought Head is good enough to become a Test standard batsman for quite a while tbh. Does have a frustrating tendency to be stuck in concrete boots early in his innings, is a bit vulnerable as a result of that when coming to the crease, but when he is in he can definitely negotiate Test quality bowling

They should make Travis Head captain.

At toss time, he need not call.

(I'm assuming for overseas games, since he's the one flipping the coin for home games).
Youngest ever Redbacks captain ftr

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
The Warne/Starc thing stems back to 2012 when asked Starc was asked about a possible Warne comeback to Test cricket.

Warne's teasing about a return at the age of 42 was little more than a publicity device for the Big Bash League in which he was featuring but Starc chose to stick by his international teammate Nathan Lyon rather than buy into the manufactured hype.

"He's (Warne) done his time," Starc said at the time. "He's obviously done a lot of great things for Australian cricket, but he's done and dusted now, and Nathan Lyon's the spinner."

Warne is famous for holding onto petty things like this.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One of the criticisms of the WACA was a lack of shaded areas

Now Perth has a massive stadium with plenty of shaded areas that will be inaccessible

howardj

International Coach
Apparently the WACA is still going to be hosting Test cricket in the future when the lower crowd-drawing teams - such as WI, Pak, SL etc. - tour

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

Can’t wait! India 1-0 up with a pitch suited to the fast bowlers! Never won a test series in Australia! Haven't been this excited for a cricket match in a LONG time!

Took a nap, bought some beers and ready to stay up all night for this!!! Let’s do this!

Last edited: