• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think it might be the end for him...

:(
Nah I wouldn't discount him, from memory people were saying McGrath was done 2-3 years before ended up being done even with his injuries.

A stubborn chap like himself will be back.

StephenZA

Typical SA, terrible day 1 followed by fantastic day 2..... but could not have wished for better this morning. Well done boys.

StephenZA

Think Steyn rushed himself back... remember during the LO series he kept holding his shoulder after throwing the ball in, hopefully no more T20/LO`s and he just gets himself better for the tests.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
But surely TV and radio rights are separate?

Or does Supersport buy all the rights and they can sell the radio rights if approached to do so?
I honestly have no idea how it works, I can only imagine money is at the center of the decision not to broadcast the cricket.

It is not like there are radio stations lining up to broadcast 5 days of cricket though, so the rights (if there is any) will probably be pretty cheap.

sonnench

U19 12th Man
But wow, huge loss for us. Incredibly sad to see him struggling of late. SA without Steyn and AB is just not right.

Gotta be Morkel coming in next test.

StephenZA

Big difference for Steyn and Philander from NZ batsmen on a seaming SA deck to Australian batsmen in their backyard.
well this is a rather disappointing contest (not contest)
Welp, this is shaping up to be a pretty colossal disappointment .
never in doubt the whitewash result tbqh

last year was enough proof for me that we are beasts at home, #1 side then now forever
kinda feel bad we're gonna ruin Rabada's career tho
:)

Gnske

Absolutely terrible news. I'm just gutted...cannot imagine what he would be feeling now
I however, can imagine

"I shouldn't have come back so soon"
"Wow this hurts"
"I don't want to have surgery"
"Wish I was playing cricket"
"This pain is worse than our world cup choke"
"WTF they're winning without me, maybe I should retire"
"I'm literally done"
"No you're not, you can fight this"
"Now I have to fly back alone, fml fam"
"I hate this more than I hate Michael Clarke"
"Should have retired and played IPL another 5 years"

sonnench

U19 12th Man
KP making the point of how hard it is facing out the last over of the day. Using his own experience against Chanderpaul and how at any other time of day would of been looking for sixes, but instead seemed like it was Warne bowling.

cnerd123

likes this
Guys can we please have more talk about how JP Duminy is only retaining his spot in the side due to quotas? I really wanna see him ton up tomorrow.