• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently Steyn injury is rare... had a stress fracture recovered and now has a full fracture in his shoulder in the same area. 6-12 month recovery with probable operation.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Saved us having to watch a couple of hours of garbage- him walking across his stumps with about as much grace as Rosie Odonnell after a pot of vindaloo

Gob

International Coach
Apparently Steyn injury is rare... had a stress fracture recovered and now has a full fracture in his shoulder in the same area. 6-12 month recovery with probable operation.
Can't see him coming back then. Gutted

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder whether he'll play Tests again. Shoulder injuries for quicks are often career-ending, let alone at his age. I guess we'll see but geez I hope we haven't seen the last of him.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Proof that the campaign making it clear Smith is boring and **** has won.

The former "TPC" gang of spikey, burgey and co. have lost the war. Posting pictures in a onesie doesn't make you good in anyway. In fact it probably makes you ****.
Interesting choice of posters to back you up.

Like referencing Hitler and the KKK in a discussion about why multiculturalism is ****.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Steyn has been getting injured during matches a little too frequently of late. Need to start thinking of life without him even if he does make a comeback, Rabada's rise couldn't be timed better. It will be something if Saf manage to not lose this series without both AB and Steyn in the team.

StephenZA

I don`t want to think about losing Steyn forever at this stage... to sad. Worst part is he deserves to be SA top wicket taker and is 5 away from passing Pollock...

OverratedSanity

6-12 months?! **** that's terrible.

Saddest thing is he's still bowling brilliantly when he's fit. Shoulder injuries for pacers are always brutal but for it to happen to the best in the world at this age is gutting. Hope he comes back.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Really poor day of cricket from Australia; very rare to see them fritter away at home such a strong position in a Test match (on the rare occasions when they have done it, it's almost always been against SA).

How long can Oz persist with Marsh/Nevill at 6 & 7? They've been pretty patient and if anything, they look like they belong less at this level than they did 12 months ago. Hard to believe Nevill has such a good first-class batting record based on what I've seen of him in Tests; he's not even a particularly 'busy' batsman as he increasingly seems to get bogged down too easily.

And when you factor in Voges, the middle order just feels too passive. Unless they do something in the 2nd innings it's time for a change there.

And kudos to SA; I thought they'd thrown away this Test 24 hours ago but they learnt their lessons and were superbly disciplined all day.

Flem274*

123/5
I however, can imagine

"I shouldn't have come back so soon"
"Wow this hurts"
"I don't want to have surgery"
"Wish I was playing cricket"
"This pain is worse than our world cup choke"
"WTF they're winning without me, maybe I should retire"
"I'm literally done"
"No you're not, you can fight this"
"Now I have to fly back alone, fml fam"
"I hate this more than I hate Michael Clarke"
"Should have retired and played IPL another 5 years"
haha, you're such a colossal dick. wag

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Damn shame to see Steyn go out like that, after Warner's wicket he looked like he was on song to get a few more. Been reading a lot of comments around saying this could possibly be the last time we'll see him bowl, hopefully he can pull a Dennis Lillee at this end of his career.

Who do you guys think will be brought in for the next test? I'm expecting Morkel but I hope Abbott gets a call up. Sure, he's line and length like Philander but he has that extra zip off the wicket and I think, at the least, he'd be decent on this pitch. If Morkel does get picked, I hope he lives up to his potential and leads the attack well.

Gnske

Been reading a lot of comments around saying this could possibly be the last time we'll see him bowl,
Yeah I think we've been a bit quick to write an obituary for the man when he's still alive and kicking.

I won't go as far as claiming to be clairvoyant, but Steyn to me seems like a guy who will refuse to end his career on anything but his own terms.

indiaholic

International Captain
Yeah I think we've been a bit quick to write an obituary for the man when he's still alive and kicking.

I won't go as far as claiming to be clairvoyant, but Steyn to me seems like a guy who will refuse to end his career on anything but his own terms.
His shoulder may not agree.

Top_Cat

Damn shame to see Steyn go out like that, after Warner's wicket he looked like he was on song to get a few more. Been reading a lot of comments around saying this could possibly be the last time we'll see him bowl, hopefully he can pull a Dennis Lillee at this end of his career.

Who do you guys think will be brought in for the next test? I'm expecting Morkel but I hope Abbott gets a call up. Sure, he's line and length like Philander but he has that extra zip off the wicket and I think, at the least, he'd be decent on this pitch. If Morkel does get picked, I hope he lives up to his potential and leads the attack well.
Should be Abbott. Has form and miles in the legs. Morkel's not so much a genius that you'd rush him back although, that said, from the highlights he didn't bowl too badly in the warmups when others were getting slapped.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
So disappointed that Steyn is injured again. Just love watching the bloke bowl.

I'd comment on another collapse, but what's the point anymore.