• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2015 Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How many times does Gayle do that type of innings and it's forgotten soon after. This entire start slowly then go quick is brilliant when he doesn't get out early, but when he does he puts so much pressure on the side afterwards. Honestly he's the biggest T20 myth ever, loses as many matches as he wins. This is my yearly Chris Gayle is actually crap at T-20 rant, thank you for sitting through it again.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How many times does Gayle do that type of innings and it's forgotten soon after. This entire start slowly then go quick is brilliant when he doesn't get out early, but when he does he puts so much pressure on the side afterwards. Honestly he's the biggest T20 myth ever, loses as many matches as he wins. This is my yearly Chris Gayle is actually crap at T-20 rant, thank you for sitting through it again.
waaaaayyyyy over the top

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Mumbai got lucky. Gayle was struggling throughout his innings, and that alone cost RCB the game. Mumbai simply didn't have the bowling to sustain an extreme run-fest. Too many bits-and-pieces/medium-pace-only bowlers whom these RCB blokes could smash repeatedly- and the Saffies among them did.

Good to see Iqbal Abdulla have a decent game. Economies hit the roof in such a match, but he chipped two tonight (edit: Sorry, economy master Chahal) and also scored more than a few, building a massive, rapid partnership. He's been out of active cricket for long, but fits the bill in limited-overs matches.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
waaaaayyyyy over the top
It's a rant as I said, but I stand by it, would go looking for stats, but don't really care enough. Just find it amazing how much he earns from it all when his teams hardly ever seem to win owt. Coincidence perhaps.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Gayle has had this issue of facing off spin bowling/off cutters from a long time. I wonder why other teams haven't used this strategy against him. We do see people trying off spinners when he is batting, but when pace bowlers stick to simple off cutters, he isn't even able to rotate strike. Malinga has done this to him in the past, he just keeps bowling off cutters and Gayle has no answer.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/66470-cricket-web-net-fantasy-test-draft.html

Sign up for this fantasy draft,where you could pick the likes of Marshall,Ambrose,Wasim,Sachin in your team! We have 4 more spots to be filled.If interested please do comment on this thread with your preferred team name.At the end a voting procedure will select the prune th no.of players to 8 and finally a final to pick who the best manager is.Mark my words it will be an amazing draft experience.For more info do visit this thread!

Only 4 hours left and 4 spots are vacant