• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2015 Thread

Niall

International Coach
Bad enough they are carrying IPL hacks like Vijay and Johnson but not sure they can carry Maxwell much longer. He was a beast early on last year but faded horribly as the competition went on, and has been a waste of time so far. So much talent, but not sure if he offers anything more than Perera at the moment.

Last edited:

Cric123

School Boy/Girl Captain
I am not sure if some of these Aussies really want to be in India this long. They want the big contracts but don't want to spend eight weeks there I don't think. Finch feigning injury is a sign. I think the IPL needs to cut the length to about 5 weeks. Don't get me wrong, the they will still be the top players in the competition but a shorter event will get the best out of the players.

viriya

International Captain
I am not sure if some of these Aussies really want to be in India this long. They want the big contracts but don't want to spend eight weeks there I don't think. Finch feigning injury is a sign. I think the IPL needs to cut the length to about 5 weeks. Don't get me wrong, the they will still be the top players in the competition but a shorter event will get the best out of the players.
:blink:

Antihippy

International Debutant
Shaun marsh and maxwell batting together, and Mitchell johnson bowling to faulkner, watson and smith.

Nope, it's not the bbl, it's the ipl. :laugh:

Niall

International Coach
In what world was Faulkner a better option than Hooda?

Well done Mitch though, been non stop in slagging him as he has deserved it, but he did win them the game today.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
And Virat Kohli hasn't really excelled. Though to be fair, RCB has god awful bowlers. Starc can't come soon enough.
Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma are horrible captains, our test future doesn't look that good with Kohli leading the side.

Burner

International Regular
Yeah, I thought the same as well. As far as I remember, Kohli has always been crap in IPL but surprisingly he still has an average of 34 in t20s.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kohli does seem to have lost a bit of an edge in LO batting recently. Perhaps as a consequence of trying to be a better test batsman, but I would be surprised if that were the case.

cnerd123

likes this
I think he just cbf anymore.

I doubt most of the guys who played in the WC are giving 100% here.

McCullum, Gayle and ABDV have all batted with an air of "Idgaf if we win or not; just doing this for the lulz." Seem to be batting so freely and without a care in the world. Makes for great viewing.