• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
EDIT: He swings the English ball in England everywhere. Can he do this with other red balls in other countries? I dunno if we will find out.
He has done it many times in Indian conditions too, tbf. And also did it in Australia with the white ball last time round.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
He was pretty good in the previous IPL's when with the season he got swing initially.
Always expensive iirc. At his best, he seemed to beat the bat once or twice and then err in line and get punished and just be total fodder with the old ball.

Flem274*

123/5
That is fair but don't you agree that Praveen was the epitome of 2/80 off 40 overs?

He ain't quick. Spends most of his time at 130kph. But I think he has a good balanced run up and a good action and has the potential to bowl pretty fast.

EDIT: He swings the English ball in England everywhere. Can he do this with other red balls in other countries? I dunno if we will find out.
From what I remember Praveen was the most aggressive Indian bowler, and the most likely one, they played in England.

Of course, his team mates performances might be giving me rose tinted glasses. But I do remember Praveen was quality.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
He has done it many times in Indian conditions too, tbf. And also did it in Australia with the white ball last time round.
In ODI cricket in India, he has been just dreadful. He did do it in Australia with the white ball last time but tbh, I've given up with him as a limited overs bowler. I think his potential lies in the Test format. I'm aware he has swung the red ball domestically in India but how about South Africa, New Zealand; these are the places that (right or wrong) he is more likely to play in.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
From what I remember Praveen was the most aggressive Indian bowler, and the most likely one, they played in England.

Of course, his team mates performances might be giving me rose tinted glasses. But I do remember Praveen was quality.
He was quality. Ishant and Sreesanth were just dreadful. Ishant was above domestic standard but bowled a length too short for quality English batsmen and Sreesanth was club level. Point taken too about the style to bowl, I think Harshal does bowl that style.

Flem274*

123/5
That fall reminded me of David Lawerence's horror fall I watched on youtube today. Not good.

Not brave enough to watch Greg Todd break his leg. Apparently it got uploaded.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think this is a really nice T20 pitch, you can play shots but you can also bowl on it.

Any of RCB's big three could make very light work of this total. Also Lee and Shrek (if he's really aggressive and not bowling his passive 9-10 an over help yourself stuff) could be a handful.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Always expensive iirc. At his best, he seemed to beat the bat once or twice and then err in line and get punished and just be total fodder with the old ball.
Yeah, his second spells have been a major problem.

Flem274*

123/5
Is it just me or has Harshal become a bit tentative since his fall with his delivery stride and is he bowling wider on the crease?

Better stuff this over from him nonetheless.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Do people use the back of the bat often?? The commentator seemed to imply that it is a normal thing to do!