• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
Last time JP played in India, he couldnt hit the ball let alone get it off the square

Guy should be thankful he's got a contract
Are you honestly telling me that you would pick Cameron White over JP Duminy? I actually want to see you type that.

Wow, how bad is Dan Christian at death bowling? Didn't he concede a six off the last ball in the Champions League to allow RCB over the line? Bowled a slower full-toss if I remember correctly and tosses up another full toss here today. Steyn gives this guy 18 runs to play with and he still stuffs it up. Woeful.

Despicable behavior from Bhajji and Munaf. Had it been a couple of Aussies, I can't even imagine the reaction the likes of Sunil Gavaskar would have had. Awful umpiring as well though. Firstly not referring it upstairs, trying to be too clever and make an on-field decision when pretty much ever umpire would have sent it upstairs to be sure. Secondly, being intimidated, by the likes of Harbhajan no less, and changing his mind. It shows poor judgment in the first case and a total lack of conviction in the second. I've always thought Cloete was a terrible umpire and he's proved it again. South Africa should just stick to producing cricketers.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Are you honestly telling me that you would pick Cameron White over JP Duminy? I actually want to see you type that.

Wow, how bad is Dan Christian at death bowling? Didn't he concede a six off the last ball in the Champions League to allow RCB over the line? Bowled a slower full-toss if I remember correctly and tosses up another full toss here today. Steyn gives this guy 18 runs to play with and he still stuffs it up. Woeful.

Despicable behavior from Bhajji and Munaf. Had it been a couple of Aussies, I can't even imagine the reaction the likes of Sunil Gavaskar would have had. Awful umpiring as well though. Firstly not referring it upstairs, trying to be too clever and make an on-field decision when pretty much ever umpire would have sent it upstairs to be sure. Secondly, being intimidated, by the likes of Harbhajan no less, and changing his mind. It shows poor judgment in the first case and a total lack of conviction in the second. I've always thought Cloete was a terrible umpire and he's proved it again. South Africa should just stick to producing cricketers.
It was poor from umpire trying to be clever but it was absolutely pathetic behavior by Bhajji and Munaf. Hope they get proper punishment for it

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Chris Gayle in, McDonald out. Unlucky for McDonald. Two good sides out there today. Looking forward to watching this.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand opener Brendon McCullum and West Indian spinner Sunil Narine have been replaced Bangladesh allrounder Shakib Al Hasan and Netherlands allrounder Ryan ten Doeschate.
Good move. Would have left out Kallis instead tbh, but still makes the team stronger.

Bisla in for Das a positive change also.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Chris Gayle in, McDonald out. Unlucky for McDonald. Two good sides out there today. Looking forward to watching this.
Yeah, that is pretty harsh on Mcdonald, but they have a pretty strong contingent of foreign players there and you just can't leave out Gayle if he is fit.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Balaji also comes in. Was looking forward to seeing Shami Ahmed bowl but I guess experience prevailed here. Abdulla dropped for the extra pacer which is a shame for him as he would be looking to push for an international spot soon. Saxena is one who will be looking to challenge Abdulla for the spinners spot at KKR and Unadkat for the pacers spot and so a lot of competition among Indians there.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kallis hasn't even managed to hang around long enough to screw up the other foreign players. He must be due a match losing 65 off 58 with Shakib and ten Doeschate coming in and registering a single digit score in the last two overs.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Kallis hasn't even managed to hang around long enough to screw up the other foreign players. He must be due a match losing 65 off 58 with Shakib and ten Doeschate coming in and registering a single digit score in the last two overs.
Has started right on track for that, so far. 4 off 9 balls.

Edit - Hit's 2 boundaries though as i posted that. :p but still....

Last edited: