• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Just cannot play ODI or T20I cricket with that problem. Tests though, he looks promising.
He's been decent in ODI's and the 2 new ball rule will help him more, but in T20's when it is not swinging i agree.

Flem274*

123/5
KKR have two absolute steals in their side with Shakib and Kallis. You can build a side around that.

And you can tell RTD plays his cricket in England as well.:ph34r:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
He missed out on the world cup tbf, where there was a more variation of pitches and teams. His economy is still decent too, which is what Indian bowlers are asked to do in ODI's rather than take wickets with the batting lineup making it up.
Economy is decent because he doesn't bowl at the death.

Also whose the comparison with ?
What do you mean? Who is better? Well: Zaheer; Nehra; Munaf; Vinay, to name a few.

EDIT: Irfan Pathan

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
:laugh:

Not sure about Kallis being a steal tbh.
I'm biased towards test cricketers tbf. If a team picked Dravid, Kallis and Clarke as their middle order, I would love them.

And Kallis's bowling, combined with his batting, make him decent in this format.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricinfo said:
18.2 Vinay Kumar to Shakib Al Hasan, OUT, short ball and Shukla pulls with power, but to the fielder on the square leg boundary
Shakib Al Hasan c Pujara b Vinay Kumar 4 (4b 0x4 0x6) SR: 100.00
What game are they watching?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Economy is decent because he doesn't bowl at the death.
He has bowled at the death his fair share tbh.

What do you mean? Who is better? Well: Zaheer; Nehra; Munaf; Vinay, to name a few.

EDIT: Irfan Pathan
Nehra and Munaf are permanent crocks most of the time, while Zaheer (who isn't as good in ODI's as he is in tests in anycase) is saved for tests in most games.Vinay i agree with you on.

And i'd rather have Praveen in ODI's right now over Irfan for a number of reasons, as far as their bowling is concerned.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I'm biased towards test cricketers tbf. If a team picked Dravid, Kallis and Clarke as their middle order, I would love them.

And Kallis's bowling, combined with his batting, make him decent in this format.
Yeah, he is decent for a certain role if you get the right players around him. But wouldn't be in my 11 for 1.1 million if i was at the auction.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Could just hear the commentators speaking off air. It was Twelfth Man stuff. Was only for a couple minutes but the thing I quoted was the highlight. Maybe I'm too easily amused.