• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Kohli is such a rubbish bowler. At his very best, he can go for around 8 an over when others are going for 10. He never bowls well. He should never bowl at anything above club cricket, imo.

Flem274*

123/5
This medium pacer has to attack. He's on a hiding to nothing trying to defend in a 20/20 setting.

Long hops certainly out of the question.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
This medium pacer has to attack. He's on a hiding to nothing trying to defend in a 20/20 setting.

Long hops certainly out of the question.
He had a gun debut domestic season but he seems out of his depth, here, at least for the moment.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Abdullah has a pretty good one too, tbf.
Was gonna say '...in the IPL' but Abdulla has done well in the IPL too. I dunno, guess he just missed out to the bowler who offers something a bit different. Tight call, imo.

Flem274*

123/5
He had a gun debut domestic season but he seems out of his depth, here, at least for the moment.
What does he do with the ball and what is his attitude?

To be a successful medium pacer imo, you must never stop attacking. People expect you to be defensive and will try to bowl you in that role, and then if your side loses after your restrictive 2/80 off 40 overs, you're the first one dropped. You've got to be hyper-aggressive, you have to be skilled, and you need wickets.

Praveen Kumar style is the way to bowl medium pace.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
What does he do with the ball and what is his attitude?

To be a successful medium pacer imo, you must never stop attacking. People expect you to be defensive and will try to bowl you in that role, and then if your side loses after your restrictive 2/80 off 40 overs, you're the first one dropped.

Praveen Kumar style is the way to bowl medium pace.
I've not seen him bowl prior to the IPL. I disagree that 'Praveen Kumar style' is the way to go in any form of limited overs cricket. Praveen has truly floundered and been found out in limited overs cricket. He is lucky to still be in his IPL team as a unquestioned regular. And also, didn't Praveen epitomize 2/80 off 40 overs in the Test tour of England? I know we're getting formats a bit conflated here between us, just saying...

He was not a containment bowler in the FC season though. He seemed to run through sides on his day and then not get many wickets off his day. It was actually Dinda who specialized in the long spells and earning 5/100 at the end of a long effort.

I don't think he is as medium as you make out though. He got up to 138kph in the over I saw (I went upstairs) and last match was also in the 130s.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I've not seen him bowl prior to the IPL. I disagree that 'Praveen Kumar style' is the way to go in any form of limited overs cricket. Praveen has truly floundered and been found out in limited overs cricket. He is lucky to still be in his IPL team as a unquestioned regular. And also, didn't Praveen epitomize 2/80 off 40 overs in the Test tour of England? I know we're getting formats a bit conflated here between us, just saying...

He was not a containment bowler though. He seemed to run through sides on his day and then not get many wickets off his day. It was actually Dinda who specialized in the long spells and earning 5/100 at the end of a long effort.

I don't think he is as medium as you make out though. He got up to 138kph in the over I saw (I went upstairs) and last match was also in the 130s.
Sorry, started referring to tests in there, hence the PK example.

This is the second time I've seen this young guy, so I'm happy to concede he isn't medium.

Bisla found out by Murali. WAG.

edit: from what I remember of Praveen in England, he was a very astute swing bowler in all conditions.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry, started referring to tests in there, hence the PK example.
That is fair but don't you agree that Praveen was the epitome of 2/80 off 40 overs?

This is the second time I've seen this young guy, so I'm happy to concede he isn't medium.
He ain't quick. Spends most of his time at 130kph. But I think he has a good balanced run up and a good action and has the potential to bowl pretty fast.

EDIT: He swings the English ball in England everywhere. Can he do this with other red balls in other countries? I dunno if we will find out.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Praveen hasn't been upto his best since his injury again. He was pretty good in the previous IPL's when with the season he got swing initially.