• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

BeeGee

International Captain
Combined match figures for the bowlers who are in contention for Test spots:

Pattinson: overs 31, runs 127, wkts 4, econ. 4.1, Av. 31.8
Starc: overs 31, runs 133, wkts 4, econ. 4.3, Av. 33.3
Cutting: overs 33, runs 150, wkts 3, econ. 4.5, Av. 50

Southee: overs 23, runs 85, wkts 2, econ. 3.7, Av. 42.5
Boult: overs 25, runs 80, wkts 2, econ. 3.2, Av. 40
Bracewell: overs 19.3, runs 87, wkts 4, econ. 4.4, Av. 21.7
Martin: overs 21, runs 64, wkts 2, econ. 3.0, Av. 32

Midwinter

State Captain
There used to be talk about the Oz bowlers building partnerships, to build up the pressure on the batsmen, including bowling a certain percentage of maidens.

Haven't heard anyone mention it for a couple of years now.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look, you've got to realise these young blokes are bowling for Johnson's spot. Being inexperienced, they thought they'd bowl like him.

Top_Cat

NZ making the tactical error of not taking it easy on the bloke they want in the oppo's line-up.

Their form against the others might make that redundant, though.....

BeeGee

International Captain
NZ batting averages from this game:

Guptill 45
McCullum 75.5
Williamson 8.5
Taylor 97.5
Ryder 98.5
Brownlie 79
Young 8
Bracewell no av. (73no + 13no)

Not too shabby.

Spikey

cowan's defence: only one bad ball. Short boundary. All were hitting the stumps if he missed the ball...

ryder got lucky imo

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah Australia's bowlers getting tonked. Never gets old.

NZ know they can just bat and they'll rack up 100+ a session. 350+ a day. It makes such a difference being 350-4 instead of 270-4 after a day's play. All of the teams from West Indies up can bat through a day losing 4-5 wickets, but the better bowlers don't let you run away with it - they still maintain some measure of control and pressure.

NZ should move Ryder to 3 and see if they can get 500-1. That would be fun.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Anyone else think Warner looks like Robbie Slater?
Not sure who this libels more.

Warner looks like a Steve Smith who's been put back in the oven for another thirty minutes until he was properly set.

Anyway, loving Adelaide Slim Inverarity's gambling instincts. Embolden by the outgoing selectors' punt on Jumbo he looks set on selecting every young quick bowler in Oz. If he's not wearing a stetson and smoking a cheroot at the next presser I'll feel cheated.

FTR I like what I've seen of Starc, which admittedly only amounts to one ODI, but it was at The Gabba and he was swinging it, so good signs.

Less sold on Pattinson (which seems the opposite of the consensus on here), but he is his brother's doppleganger and I might be subconsciously holding this against him. Cutting I've never seen bowl.