• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not absurd at all. Bowlers with better strike rates take wickets when they bowl lots of overs too.
You seem to be overlooking this. Bowling alot of overs is a skill in itself, it shows great stamina and Copeland must be applauded for this. Look at how your bowlers did in SL with him in the side

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
NZ look like they will declare at tea.

Would the game finish at the normal time, or would they pull up stumps an hour after tea? How do things normally roll with this sort of game before a test match?

BeeGee

International Captain
Over 79.2: Warner to Ryder, SIX, drops to a knee and whacks another six!! This is all so easy for Ryder, his 10th six today, this one over wide mid off.

Jess, I want to have your babies.

Athlai

Not Terrible
NZ look like they will declare at tea.

Would the game finish at the normal time, or would they pull up stumps an hour after tea? How do things normally roll with this sort of game before a test match?
I reckon if the bowlers are hot and taking wickets they might let them carry on, if not they'll just shake hands and give them a rest.

Howsie

International Captain
Time to pull the pin on this I think, Australia aren't going to bother with any serious bowlers for the rest of the day I'd say.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Rosco making them stand in the field all day?

Interesting tactic, it's not like their is anything in the pitch for the bowlers.

Ruckus

International Captain
I really don't see the significance of your point about Copeland's strike rate NUFAN. For one, the differences are seriously marginal between Copeland, Pattinson and Starc. But regardless, it's test cricket, having a relatively high SR is not going to impact much on your success because there isn't much of a time constraint. Admittedly it's often good to have more attacking options (i.e. balance in the attack) in certain situations like quickly getting rid of the tail, or taking advantage of a momentum shift in the game, but on the whole it really doesn't matter that much. Easily the most important thing is being able to take wickets for few runs (i.e. the average of the bowler) regardless of how many balls they have to bowl (within reason). Take a look at Shaun Pollock's SR, how did his career fare?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
So the NZ team:
McCullum -146 in this match
Guptill - 195* back home
Williamson - 284* back home
Taylor - 138 in this match
Ryder - 175 in this match
Brownlie - 171 back home
Vettori - 48,40,31 and 11/169 last two matches
Young - 80 back home
Bracewell - 73* in this match and 4/87
Southee - 7/37 back home
Martin - ....

Days of Grace

International Captain
Declare, FFS.

These two will go along swimmingly at 2.5RPO until the end of the day.

The only reason I can see for not declaring is keeping Southee and co. in cotten wrap.

Martin needs the overs.

aussie tragic

International Captain
For the 2nd Test, bring Watson, Cummins and Marsh back from injury and Wade in for Haddin and this would be one of the youngest Australian sides for a long time...maybe since 1978 when WSC split the teams?

Hughes (22)
Warner (25)
Marsh (28)
Khawaja (24)
Clarke (30)
Watson (30)
Wade (23)
Cutting (24) or Starc (21)
Pattinson (21)
Cummins (18)
Lyon (24)