• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
How impressive are Tim Linley's stats for the season - 72 wickets @ 18, SR 39, ER 2.79. Not bad for a journeyman. Imagine the hype if Dirtbag, Meaker or Jordan were that good?
Meaker has been that good this year.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
165-1 in response to 380 - Hampshire permitting Lancs may yet take the season to its final day - shame this sort of performance from the top order is so rare

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking forward to seeing Woakes bowl in a pressurised situation in a 4 day game, with Warks needing to bowl out Hamps twice once they declare/get bowled out. Seems a slow, flat pitch, too, could be indicative of his skill/mettle and his potential at Test level.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Hampshire will have to go for it though, need maximum batting points and a win to stay up (with Durham beating Worcestershire)

Pothas

Presumably the high profiled Kolpak cricketers de Wet and Myburgh won’t be kept on. They haven’t done crap or been seen since the start of the summer. Cork is apparently leaving but it might be worth while bringing back David Balcombe, especially as he seems to like division 2 cricket. Balcombe has taken 30 wickets for Kent in 5 county games, including four five-wicket hauls. Impressive.
Myburgh in particular is a mystery to me, did not have a great start but then neither did anyone. He got an injury but don't think it was serious and as you say has not been seen since. I assume that the injuries have just taken their toll on de Wet? Is a real shame because I was excited about getting him.

Balcombe might be worth coming back but expect Tomlinson and Dimi to be pretty effective in division 2.

Still in with a slight chance of staying up of course but cannot see it happening.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Had the misfortune of catching Darren Gough on the radio on the way home, he mentioned he thought that Durham were in the driving seat as 'they know how to win it' ...

His other comments were along the lines of Cook wouldn't be missed if he weren't available. I think the other day he was going on about how duckworth lewis wasn't very good because the likes of Finn and Anderson could come out and hit 50 off ten balls and Duckworth Lewis doesn't take that into account.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway Durham would need to win and for Warwickhire to lose or not score another bonus point plus Lancashire not to win.

We aren't going to outpoint Warwickshire in a draw fest now so only a win will do for us, we're in an ok position but we need to get 500+ and hope for some turn later on. Long shot but

Scaly piscine

Northants get 3 out of the 5 batting points for making 343. It's 1 for 200, 2 for 250 etc. up to 5 for 400 - although you have to get the runs within 110 overs.

I think Lancashire are in a decent position in their game. Somerset's batting line-up looks rank and they've got nothing to play for. I can't really see where their runs will come from once Hildreth gets out.

Anything could happen in the Warwickshire game with Hampshire needing a win. I think there's a good chance Warwickshire will need to win too and they'll be looking rather nervously at Taunton. I expect Hampshire to declare if they reach 344, then some collusion and a 300-350 target in the best part of a day.

stumpski

International Captain
Look as if we might be missing out on promotion this year - not that it even looked on the cards mid-season. Northants look like wrapping up an innings win before lunch and Middlesex have somehow managed maximum batting points despite Berg and Murtagh coming together at 320-8. Don't expect Leics to set them more than 200. No complaints though, we lost twice to our London neighbours after all.

stumpski

International Captain
Derby all out, and Surrey take another bowling point. I hadn't realised it was so close between 2nd and 3rd. :D Into second place now. Still have to win of course, but the forecast is OK.

Scaly piscine

Hampshire struggling to score runs quickly enough and Warwickshire struggling to take wickets. Still expect Warwickshire to take the 6 wickets in 110 overs they need to keep ahead of Lancashire (assuming Lancashire score 400 in 110, they need 85 more in 18 overs which they should manage). Hampshire and Warwickshire will surely get more aggressive as that innings progresses.

Still annoyed at Durham's batting display in the first innings, they could have still been in this.

stumpski

International Captain
Six out for Lancashire now, Hogg may just be able to get them up to 400 but it doesn't look as if they'll have the lead they would have wanted. Running out of overs for bonus points, too.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hogg on 36* form 39, Lancashire need 4 runs in the next over for max points - edit: and they get there.

Warwickshire still need 7 wickets in 50 overs, and James Vince is accelerating for Hampshire.

Oh, and Ohja's five-for should be enough to send Surrey up.

Last edited: